Motorola S805 Bluetooth Headphones are fantastic!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mako5, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

I bought these headphones eons ago thinking I would use them with my Playstation 3. Never really worked out. This weekend on a whim I decided to pull them out and try them with my Al Macbook. Wow, these things are fantastic. Not only do they sound pretty good but having the controls on the headphone and no wires is really really cool. While browsng the web and having iTune running, I can change volume or switch tracks even with iTunes minimized. This is really the way to go. I think I saw them on Amazon for about $38. Highly recommend it! This is so cool that I just ordered the Motorola S9 HD for when I travel.

2. Jpoon macrumors 6502

I don't think I could deal with the sound quality on wireless headsets.

If you don't know the difference, more power to you then :D.

3. Mako5 thread starter macrumors regular

Mako5

I am pretty picky. My normal headphones are Etymotic ER-4P's or Shure SE-210's. Now, no way I am saying that they are as good as those (I love my 4P's for music) but they are really not half bad. Honestly I was pretty surprised. Not a lot of hiss and pretty decent bass. I admit the highs are a littler muddy but for watching movies and stuff they are pretty decent. I really like the cordless part especially with the magsafe plugged in. No tangles.

4. dm501 macrumors newbie

S805s

I agree I'm impressed by sound (maybe I'm tone deaf). Can't switch tracks in itunes on my macbook with it though. I like them for skype via macbook, cuts out feedback.

5. erceve macrumors newbie

i'm also thinking about buying a bluetooth headphone to use with my macbook, i'm actually thinking about this one:
    http://www.productwiki.com/philips-shb9000-97/

my question to you is, how does having bluetooth on affect the battery life of your macbook, and how long do your headphones work when the batteries are full?

6. harry454 macrumors 6502

I havent tried a bluetooth headset yet with my mac, I heard sound quality decreases

7. Mako5 thread starter macrumors regular

Mako5

Hmm that's strange. I can use all the controls to for both iTunes and Quicktime. This includes changing tracks forward and backward and adjusting volume. I am using a Al Macbook.

8. Mako5 thread starter macrumors regular

Mako5

I have not tried to run down my Macbook to compare. Subjectively I have not noticed much differece at all. Also i have not used th Motorola S805 in one sitting to see how long they hold a charge. I watched 3 full length movies plus a couple of documentaries/music and other stuff over about 1.5 wks w/o a charge so I am guessing the headphones lasted about 10 hrs.

Those Phillips look pretty cool!

9. dm501 macrumors newbie

s805

Fantastic day snowboarding with the S805 (in a Giro SST helmet-which needed a bit of encouragement to take the S805) on Parsenn. Alps are fantastic this year. Bluetoothing from a Nokia phone with no real problems-bloody brilliant. Bass is strong on these but helps you get into the flow on the snow. Thank you Moto, ear controls work a treat. Might have to get your running headset. I picked up the s805 from a snowboard shop here in Davos for 99 CHF-apparently Giro have changed their helmets.
    Now I just need a way to export an iTunes playlist to a Nokia 6120-thanks Steve Jobs for making it so proprietary, I guess you learnt a trick or two from Gatesy, are you going to have a belated crisis of conscience also? The Mac is unfortunately the weak link here in an otherwise invigorating snowmusic experience.

10. Mako5 thread starter macrumors regular

Mako5

I'm telling you these S805's are surprisingly good especially for $38. Now I had the same idea as you and immediately went out and bought the Moto S9 HD (the new ones). Also pretty good but definitely not on par with the S805. Just be prepared. They are definitely more portable though so I use them when I travel.