Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
I'm not sure how long its been up, but the Mark of the Unicorn site has a beta driver for the 828 firewire device up. I was running the OSX version of deck and it recognized the device and operated fine for a bit, but 20 minutes in it crashed. Since then, any program trying to operate with the 828 crashes as well... it is beta I guess. At least someone is trying!

http://www.MOTU.com

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
its been up for about 2 weeks...man, motu has really dropped the ball when it comes to X.

DP3.1 was supposed to ship in march( or sooner...) and then all talk of it just disappeared...must be making it capable of running on X...lets hope thats the hold-up...and i have a feeling that the free upgrade from 3.0 is probably going to disappear also...

looks like i'll be running 9.2 for my motu stuff for a long time...oh well, i ran a lot of my apps on 8.1 until fairly recently...:)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by 3rdpath
its been up for about 2 weeks...man, motu has really dropped the ball when it comes to X.

DP3.1 was supposed to ship in march( or sooner...) and then all talk of it just disappeared...must be making it capable of running on X...lets hope thats the hold-up...and i have a feeling that the free upgrade from 3.0 is probably going to disappear also...

looks like i'll be running 9.2 for my motu stuff for a long time...oh well, i ran a lot of my apps on 8.1 until fairly recently...:)

I seem to remember the same kind of thing in the late 1980s for the Atari ST systems and MOTU. They were always a little late with updates.

aromac

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
To answer your questikon, they are refferring to a hard disk recording device used primarily for recording audio (music studio stuff) onto your computer. http://www.motu.com will shed some light for you. In regards to the beta release, it works great when I'm listening to itunes and no crashes so far. I have yet to use it with my sequencer since logic audio has not been upgraded to osx.

jeremyk1973

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2003
brunswick australia
motu1224/ mac osx problem

im running osx 10.2.6 with a motu1224, and even with the latest drivers ,my machine keeps crashing every 20mins or so,. this motu1224/osx problem is a real pain. do i have to wait for motu to update their drivers for osx? or should i go back to os9?
any ideas?
:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.