Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
I had orginally planned on asking just for curiousity, but now its necessity (since toast doesnt like panther).

In Toast you have the ability to mount a Disk Image as a CD before you burn it. I want to know how to do this manually, since It allows my to run MOHAA Spearhead off my disk image (of a legal copy thankyouverymuch). Mounting it with disk copy as a Volume doesn't do the trick.

I've read the iso9660mount, hdid, and automount man pages and I'm either not looking in the right place or not putting 2 and 2 together to get 4.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Did you originally make the .dmg with Disk Copy or Toast? Apparently sometimes you need to use Disk Copy and set the image type to read only (not CD master) for them to work properly. Then you should just be able to mount in Disk Copy.

My 500th post! :D

myuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
Then you should just be able to mount in Disk Copy.

I made it with Disk Copy. Should I be able to make it appear CD when mounted not Volume with Disk Copy?

myuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
No Dice :(. Dunno how to convert it.

I may be full of crap on this, i dunno, but i think that i need to dup the way X burns CDs. It seems to create a fake volume (that acts like a CD; probably existing in /tmp) for organization then burns that volume.

I wonder how i can make that fake volume that isnt the size of a burnable cd that i stick in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.