Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I've been using ML since launch and just noticed that I'm missing some calendar events on my 4S. Double checking and doing some testing I've figured out that events created in the Calendar.app in ML do not get pushed to iCloud (not visible on my 4S or on iCloud.com). New or changed events on my 4S or iCloud.com do show up in Calendar.app however if I create, delete or modify in Calendar.app the change is not pushed to iCloud.

I've also noticed that in the Calendar.app there it is constantly "Updating..." near the application title.

I've gone through the iCloud Troubeshooting document with no help. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3999

Sirc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I spoke with Apple Tech Support and they are looking into the issue.

I took a look at the logs (not sure why I didn't do this before) and it appears that the CalendarAgent is continually crashing. I booted from a test install of ML on an external drive, no issues with iCloud & Calendar.app sync. Moving the CalendarAgent executable over and repairing permissions did not help, issue persists. Is there a file somwhere that this needs to be fixed? Seems like the host information has been set to nil.

Process: CalendarAgent [422]
Path: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CalendarAgent.framework/Executables/CalendarAgent
Identifier: CalendarAgent
Version: 1.0 (47)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [252]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2012-08-03 13:51:04.592 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8 (12A269)
Report Version: 10

Crashed Thread: 10

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'The value for 'host' should be non-nil and non-empty'
terminate called throwing an exception
abort() called

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
Upon seeing and reading this thread I decided to try it myself. I changed the time of 1 event and added 2 more events using Calendar on MBP.

Within a few seconds the change and additions were showing on both my iPhone and via iCloud.

Sounds like your problem may be isolated.

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
Here's how I have my account setup under
Calendar > Preferences > Accounts

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 2.12.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 2.12.09 PM.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.