.mov file plays w sound in VLC, none in iTunes and QT, and won't import into iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CheckMark, Oct 4, 2008.

1. CheckMark macrumors newbie

I recorded the video using the built-in iSight cam on my macbook. the video is about 1:30. all other shorter clips recorded with the iSight import fine.

I have no idea what the problem could be and it's a bit irritating! i just started using mac a little over a month ago and just joined this forum today, so I apologize if this thread has already been made

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It sounds like you did not select an audio source for your silent clip.

3. CheckMark thread starter macrumors newbie

it plays with sound in VLC and it used to play with sound in Photo Booth, where I recorded it, but now it doesn't....

4. pooprscooper macrumors regular

5. CheckMark thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

well the main thing i want to do is be able to import and edit the video clip in iMovie. will installing perian help me with this?

6. tuinte macrumors member

If it was originally recorded in Photo Booth, it's a .mov file, which means Perian is irrelevant.

Is the clip still in Photo Booth (ie, is it along the bottom? Movies can be differentiated from photos because they have a duration listed with them). If it's there, drag it to the desktop to make a copy outside of Photo Booth. Does that one work?

If you've deleted it from Photo Booth, try recording another video in Photo Booth and dragging it to the desktop and see if it works. This is just to make sure Photo Booth is working correctly.

Report back!

-
    Michael

7. CheckMark thread starter macrumors newbie

yup it's still in the bottom strip. i've recorded other videos since then and they all work. it's just this one..

edit: and when i import the video clips to imovie it's set to copy the file to another folder