Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PattyCakes927

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Hello all,

So at work we had these Sony HDVS videos converted to Apple HDV files onto dvds so we could edit them in iMovie. But when we got them back they won't import to imovie. They sit on the desktop as quicktime .mov file but if we try and play them with quicktime they wont play the files either (just audio no video). So my boss tried converting them with divX and still nothing. I tried the disk utility trick and it still wouldnt import.

Would you have any suggestions/tricks/miracles that would help us import the files? I also read that I might be able to import them to iphoto then from iphoto to imovie?

all the dvd says is
apple HDV
1080i 29.97 (length)
1440x1080
4 channel
48k 16bit
stereo Audio
They are large files like 4+ gigs each dvd

When we were getting the tapes coverted the thing we asked specifically was that it would import to imovie and it doesnt =( my boss thinks it might be due to to the large file but we cant figure it out.

Should we go back and have them convert them again? or is there something we can do from here? Covert it ourself? If so what is the easiest file to work with in iMovie 08?

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks a bunch!
_Patrick P.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.