Move email from one iphone to another

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrwamck, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mrwamck macrumors member

I have an iphone 4s on 5.0.1 and jailbroken. Have been running like this for about a year.
    I now decided that I would install ios 6.1.
    To be on the safe side, have a few apps that I cannot live without, I bought another 4s and installed Ios 6.1. Did the jailbreak with evasi0n and installed all my apps and tweaks. Even did a restore from itunes. All went fairly smooth.
    The question I have is if there is a way to get my email from the 1st iphone over to the 2nd? The email accounts got setup with the restore but the contents were not there.
    I even went into the iphone using phoneview and copied the mail contents From the 1st iphone to my mac and then copied them to the second iphone but when I started mail on the 2nd iphone, I didn't get any mail contents.
    I am probably missing some other file that might be in another folder. Like MS Outlook has a file that tells what email there is for the accounts.
    Anyone know if there is a way to copy/move email from one iphone to another?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What e-mail service are you using?

It sounds like you're setting them up as POP accounts, which only downloads new mail. You want to set it up as something like an SMTP account or Exchange which would then allow all of your devices to stay in sync with each other and the server.

3. mrwamck thread starter macrumors member

Yes i am using pop but the email is still on the server until I delete them.
    I tried one account and it downloaded fine but I have another account where I copied theemail to my mac via thunderbird thus Iwould like to either get mail from thunderbird or from the 1st iphone.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

IMAP. SMTP is for outbound mail.

There are other email accounts that sync as well.

Won't help you now but I'd also recommend switching to an account that syncs. Otherwise you'll have to deal with this (if it's even possible to begin with) every time.