Move over Iowa, Mississippi and South Carolina, South Dakota is in the house!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Feb 15, 2011.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The competition for the most ****ed up state in the union is starting to heat up, and South Dakota has just entered the race with a new bill that would make killing abortion doctors justifiable homicide.

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Can anyone supply any stats for the death of girls, caused by botched "coat-hanger" jobs in North Dakota??

Or perhaps, unlike poorer countries, they just go out-of-state to get an abortion.

3. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

That is so appalling but let's face it, it will not make it past appeal.

I can't believe the amount of stupid that's coming out of Republicans this month.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

WHAT???!!! :eek:

OMG! This has to stop right now. I knew when Obama became president that the nutcases would come out of the woodwork, but this is far worse than the last time we had a Democrat in the White House. This is pure insanity.

6. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Legalizing straight-up, actual murder? I guess that's pro-life for you...

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's beyond comprehension. This country has gone from being mildly ill to serious condition.

8. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I do not blame Obama becoming president for the nutcases coming out.
    I more blame the fact that our economy is in a depression and not really recoving that has allowed the more extreme views on both sides to get power and drown out the moderates.

Problem is things are so bad that the more moderates are trying to just keep their heads above water and so can not raise their quiters voices in numbers. This is allowing very load nut cases to seem even loader. On top of that more sane people are being pushed to one side or the other demanding change.

Obama made things worse by promising change and hope and clearly we did not get change. Just a different face saying some different BS but still the same over all.

People have lost faith in the goverment. Lost faith in the media and so the nut cases are able to get more things threw because one side or the other is going to be loader than the more middle ground. Sadly the far right is the loadest because over the past 4-5 years they have been so pounded by the left that they are getting defensive and making a lot more noise being heard.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What left? What are you talking about?:confused:

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sorry- you just said you don't blame Obama, then you did. There is nothing to blame this on but a bunch of lunatics. And Rodimus, these same lunatics were doing similar things during Clinton. Trust me, it's a huge part of it.

And there is no left in this country and the right certainly did not get pounded. If they did, it's their own fault for spewing garbage like this.

Furthermore, advocating the legal murder of people who are performing legal services is not defensive, it's offensive. And it's disgusting. There is no defense of this whatsoever. I can't believe you would even try.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Like lee, I'm alarmed at the sheer number of flatly illegal and/or immoral bills that states have talked about introducing during the last few months. The crazy people are just pouring out of the legislative woodwork it seems.

It's almost as if some states are deliberately trying to build up momentum for a second Civil War. At the time Obama was elected, I would've dismissed that idea as crackpot paranoia. Now I'm not so sure.

13. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

This is more proof that many of these anti-choice people don't give a rat's tail about 'life.'

Gynecologists and their nurses will have to start carrying guns for self defense. I wonder if the doctors will be able to get away with a self-defense plea if they kill an angry family member trying to kill them.

14. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The thing is, once Obama has served his term(s) and we move on, we will have already finally broken the race barrier in the white house, and subsequent minority presidents will be less of a big deal. The country will continue to (slowly) shed old prejudices.

I still maintain that this is more of a death-rattle for certain forms of bigotry than it is evidence of latent rebellion. With that being said, it's still bizarre and occasionally terrifying.

15. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Isn't it time that the civilised states annexed the other ones? Make two USA's- a good one and a crappy one! :p

16. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Those girls should have thought of this before they spread their legs. They've had Bio in school, haven't they?

17. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

It would have to be more than than two USAs. The Republicans hate the Democrats. The Democrats hate the Religious Right. The Religious Right hate everybody.

18. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

The boys who impregnated them had Bio in school too. Kill them also.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Well I blame Obama in he is nothing more than scum known as a politicition which means he is full of empty promises and lies.

Problem people ran into is people were dumb enough to believe and trust him to be something more than a political scum bag. It just he gave people hope and failed to delivered. But that is not related to him being elected. It is related to people believing in him and then learning the truth that he is nothing more than a politician.

As for the nut cases like I said here on the boards is a good example of the bashing. I know I can find some threads here with out trying that were nothing more than lets bash the conservatives/GOP threads. That bashing and endless attacking as forced that group to band together just to stay alive. It is a product of the bashing.

What we have now is a product of the left attacking the right and forcing them to band together. A president who gave people hope then failed to deliver on it, an Economy that is still in the ******* and no good out look for years. Debt spending going to record highs and so on.

You have media that only wants to make people mad so they only post stories on either side to make the other group pissed with no sense of caring if it is true or not.

It is a storm brought on by our system. Democrates abandon the south and this is a product of what happens. It happen before and it was found that when they leave the south the party goes to far left so to speak so they loss those voices that help keep the crazies in line so you are left with more of a system of nut cases on both sides. Just right now the convertatives have a louder voice.

20. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Just because someone chooses to kill her child and unfortunately (?) loses her own life in the act, doesn't mean that others should die as well. Especially if the father opposes the abortion and the girl still kills his child.

21. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

It doesn't matter. He had Bio in school and should know better.

22. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

What if the mother doesn't die? Should the father still be killed?

If the mother dies while killing her own child, I would say that it serves her right. Not that she deserves death penalty or anything, it's just a matter of cause and effect from a situation she brought herself into. If she survives, I don't care, and if she dies, I care even less. Now - the father might deserve to die as well, but who should kill him? Or does he have some moral responsibility to commit suicide?

23. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I was making a point that it takes two to tango. I don't think either should die. The fetus isn't a child. The lives of the people take precedence over the fetus.

24. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

The fetus is in the mothers body which overrides the father wanting the kid. You shouldn't be able to force a woman to go through the process of pregnancy and child birth because you want the kid.

I can see a bit of your view in the terms the woman opened her legs/ the guy dropped his pants argument if they didn't use protection. If they use protection, than I can't see your side at all.

Curious though.... You only blamed the woman for opening her legs. Why don't you blame the guy? The consequences are equal to both. So why not have the blame be equal?

25. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

The fetus isn't a child? So if a girl takes abortion the day before she was supposed to give birth, you see it as removal of tissue rather than homicide?