Move over Optimus Prime, here comes Moses!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Queso, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Queso macrumors G4

The BBC are reporting that a range of action figures based on the Bible are to be sold in US stores including Wal-Mart. One2believe, the company that makes them, states that their "God-honouring" range of toys are perfect for parents wanting to give toys with a strong moral message to their kids.

Now I'm perfectly okay with the comments that the currently available action figures promote violence etc. and maybe an alternative is needed, but why am I left thinking that children will soon be using these toys to send Talking Jesus and Moses into battle against Daniel and his Army of evil Robot Lions?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Clarkson have a Jesus action figure on the Polar Expedition.

3. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

I wonder if Abraham will turn into a car or an airplane. Judas should turn into a helicopter.

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I particularly enjoyed the 'bush covered with locusts' that comes with the Moses and the Ten Plagues Tales of Glory Figurine Set. Of course, youngsters lucky enough to get their hands on one of these sets will have to come up with ways of replicating the nine other plagues themselves, but that encourages creative play and stuff, right?

Mind, if I bought the Jonah set I'd be feeling very short-changed with that whale... :eek:

5. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

True. That whale looks like it should be surrounded by people trying to guide it back out to sea rather than trying to swallow anyone. Unless of course there's hidden perspective in the picture and it's actually far in the background.

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

While we're at it, Goliath doesn't look very big either. :(

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

8. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Well, according to the Bible, Goliath was of a race of giants with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot. I'm only counting five on each limb on that action figure.