Carrier Move Prior AT&T iPhone 5 to Verizon--How???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CLASSIC MUSCLE, Aug 5, 2013.

1. CLASSIC MUSCLE macrumors member

One of our employees is currently on a Verizon "family plan" and we want to give him an extra iPhone 5 we have at our office and get him using it but staying on his own plan. Trouble is, our iPhones are all on AT&T and when he went to get the AT&T iPhone 5 activated Verizon told him "the phone was not compatible" with Verizon? Is this true? Can it be done somehow?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You cannot put an AT&T iPhone onto Verizon's network. Even if it is compatible, Verizon won't activate it.

3. CLASSIC MUSCLE thread starter macrumors member

That's ridiculous! I thought maybe the guy at the Verizon store was giving him the run around. Can anyone else confirm this for sure?

4. serega macrumors regular

This

5. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Sadly the two carriers are on two different kind of networks. You could bring the AT&T iPhone to T-mobile but that's about it. Verizon is on CDMA and AT&T is on GSM.

6. Charadis macrumors 6502a

If you had a Verizon iPhone 5, you could use it on AT&T, but I don't believe you can use an AT&T iPhone 5 on Verizon. Sent from my iPad.

7. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

they are two different models. gsm model(at&t), final model digits 28,works only on this network, verizon, final model code 29, works even on gsm, but without LTE.