Moved to Sprint from AT&T after 6 years

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TOOFY, Oct 2, 2012.

1. TOOFY macrumors regular

So i finnaly made the move to Sprint and paid the ETF and i am as happy as ever. I live in Long Island, NY and Sprint has pretty decent coverage in the places I normally go to often ( which is what matters to me most ). Sprint keeps my calls connected and even sends texts out more promptly than AT&T ever did. I have noticed that sending texts are near instant where on the 4S with AT&T i would wait for the progress bar sometimes slow down to a crawl due to network connectivity problems.

Day 2 so far so i cant comment on longterm use but already i am happy with Sprint and the iPhone 5. Sprint keeps me connected in every single dead spot i normally drop calls with AT&T on. I have tested this by driving in those very roads with the iPhone 5. The data speeds do not bother me to be honest because 3G with Sprint is actually pretty quick for me. Maybe 1 or 2 second slower then my AT&T 4S as I have timed them together with my girlfriends phone. Just a small review for those who were wondering! :D

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hope you can handle the turtle data speeds with Sprint.

3. TOOFY thread starter macrumors regular

Like I said in my post above it has no damage to my normal routine with AT&T. Not a big big data user as my office has wifi everywhere and the places i go to normally have it also. But even 3G with Sprint is damn good compared to AT&T in my area. Im hitting about 5Mbit down and 4up. Fine with that.

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

damn thats unheard of on sprint on 3g. nice

5. cdebnil macrumors regular

I made the switch too. I'm in Houston which has LTE for both Sprint and ATT. I've been happy with the move. I kepted getting throttled with my unlimited plan since I use Spotify, Netflix, and Slingbox pretty often. Very happy with the move so far...Although not as fast as my Verizon Ipad on LTE, I've been getting 7-20 MB down with Sprint LTE in Houston...More than adequate for my needs.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're hitting 5mb down and 4up with Sprints 3G?
    Yeah ok, and Im Obama:rolleyes:

7. TOOFY thread starter macrumors regular

Thats good to hear buddy! New York is one of the last places to get it since it is do populated. Not really sure why because we are the most expensive state in the country lol. We should be getting dibs on new tech rollout haha. Well either way that would be awesome once we do get LTE out here in Long Island.

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

The bottom line is that no matter which carrier you choose, it must be the one that offers you the best service in your particular area. I stay with AT&T because I've used them forever and my location has never had any problems and now has LTE.

I would never encourage someone to stay in a bad situation; circumstances change and users must make the best decisions for their service. I'm glad to hear that you've worked out something good for yourself. :)

9. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Sprint keeps me connected wherever I go... is basically what you state on there

your rant sounded like some kind of "promotion"... are you sure you don't do "tricky-advertising" for sprint? ...just saying...

10. TOOFY thread starter macrumors regular

LOL no I am just happy that i could make phone calls!

11. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I hate to accuse a man of lying so quickly but NO WAY you are getting those speeds on Sprint 3G. Impossible.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    People throw out numbers like that thinking we're all clueless about Springs CDMA 3G limitations and actual speeds.
    Glad that you're happy with them but tone down the bs meter a little:D

13. aristobrat macrumors G4

You sure Sprint doesn't already have LTE on Long Island?

Their 3G network (like Verizon's) uses EVDO Rev A, which simply isn't capable of the speeds that you're talking about in your first post. Not even theoretically...

14. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

you noticed he didnt respond to the numerous replies regarding the speed too :p

show us a speed test!

15. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Loved Sprint back in the day.
    Went to ATT for iPhone 2G.
    Don't think I could go back to not being able to use voice/data at the same time.
    (And Sprint has TERRIBLE LTE coverage here)

16. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

I just moved to Sprint after 10 years with t-mobile. good speed in chicago area. they started wtih 4G wimax but now they are building up 4g LTE. since last week now i have sprint LTE in my area. 7mbps/5mbps..Wow..unlimited...

sprint is improving very fast...compared to last 6to 12 months..
    i hope i get these speeds for next few years...

17. TOOFY thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry fellas I am in a meeting - But i'll have to upload a photo showing the speeds i get at home. Pretty sure i do - unless what i see is not megabits?

18. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

maybe its connected to your home wifi?

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

:)

Attached Files:

20. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

haha not you :p

21. LoloBond macrumors 6502

I live in Long Island and I can confirm this is not true... you might live close to a tower but in general Sprint sucks in NYC and Long Island. With my 4s I never got more than 200k down (regular 100k down)(At&T 1-8 mbps usually 3mpbs... and Sprint cant even keep a call while switching from tower to tower. I switched to AT&T back in August and for example from home to work I had 4 places where my call will drop with Sprint and with AT&T I only have one. I keep a tap on www.sprint.com/network and their network vision can't go any slower...

22. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

23. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

you guys updates your PRL on your phones? it will help tremendously with speeds. at least it did for my roomate. went from 300 kbps to 800 kbps

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's a tremendous difference:D
    lol

25. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

if you are on sprint it is.. haha almost 3X the speed..