MoveOn.org slams McCain!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Apr 30, 2008.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, stop the presses. A far-left organization slams the Republican candidate for president. Is this really news, or are you going to post every time this happens? :rolleyes:

4. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i don't think it's a very good ad, and don't think it's a good idea to hammer on the "hundred year" misnomer. there are more than enough real reasons to disagree with mccain that there's really no need to go trumpeting this.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I think it's odd that the GOP is actually trying to stop this ad. Just gives it more legitimacy. Someone needs to criticize McCain though. No one else seems to. Love that Moveon is called "far left" though, still, considering how in line it is with a majority of Americans and their current beliefs, especially in regards to the war.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

There are some things McCain should be criticized over, but still barely hearing anything negative in the MSM:

McCain Strongly Rejected Long-Term Iraq Presence: "Bring Them All Home"

Nothing?

7. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Yeah, I'm surprised they're not slamming him for changing his message whenever he gets a new special interest holding his lead.

8. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

At least this is about the substantive issues that affect America, rather than endless coverage of Obama's spat with his former pastor.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I have a feeling this might be a bigger story:

GI bill sparks Senate war

I've heard rumblings that some of the more liberal veteran orgs are not happy about this and may follow Moveon's lead with ads of their own.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

OK, I was wrong, it wasn't at all. Support the troops! Anyway, more on McCain:

What John McCain Told Me, and What it Says About How Far He's Fallen
    Mccain Vs. Mccain
    That, and now he's back to talking to G. Gordon Liddy, who for some reason is a legitimate commenter now despite all he's done, while we're still talking about Wright. Maybe his good luck charms are working. Or that he's still seen as a maverick while the MSM stays virtually silent on the fact that he isn't.

If anyone is so inclined, you can play this game that shows the differences between Bush and McCain (the results may surprise you):

http://bush-mccainchallenge.com/?rc=challenge-friends&r_id=12570-5551610-7PrsYz

11. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

moveon.org a far left organisation? I know that US political terms are out of whack with the rest of the World but come on now.

12. akm3 macrumors 68020

What is your example of a far left organization?

13. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Well leaving aside the fact that "far left" is merely a term used to label anyone with ideas which may not be fully in step with the presiding medieval ideology.I'd say that CNT (
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederación_Nacional_del_Trabajo
    ) was a left wing organisation.The "far" is just a rein-forcer of abuse that says more about the user than who it's used against.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep, thats us Republicans. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go flog some of my serfs.:rolleyes:

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

For some reason here, everything that isn't right is labeled left. Sometimes far left. Even it isn't. Now I would say Moveon is a liberal organization, but American liberal, which for most other countries is barely moderate. And while they do lean our left, once again I would have to point out that partisan does not always have to equal untrue. Biased maybe, but given the facts put forth, still waiting for someone to point out how they're wrong. More on the former maverick:

McCain and Me: Hero Worship Dies Hard (But When It Does...)

16. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Be careful while your doing that,some of the serfs can be quite revolting.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You don't think I'd actually dirty my hands by doing it myself do you? I have people to do my dirty work for me. I just look down from my castle and watch.

18. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

The whole idea is ludicrous it's not just in the US although it is worse there,generally speaking Communism is of the left and Fascism of the right,no problem so far,but most people think Communism equals USSR and China,wrong, authoritarian state Capitalism and therefore of the right,similar misunderstandings go for Facsism, Bush,Pol Pot etc nasty ideologues yes,Facsist? no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_spectrum

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'm not sure that reference travels to post-feudal America... :p

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Didn't say it made sense.

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

In tight Senate votes, McCain not a maverick