iPad Movie Purchased and Living on iPad, not in my iTunes, how do I keep file?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jroug, Apr 2, 2014.

1. jroug macrumors member

On a trip I bought a double feature of American Psycho / American Psycho 2 (it was cheaper to buy both than to buy A Psycho alone (?!), plus, y'know, bonus Mila Kunis..) from iTunes store. Both DL'd to my iPad, where the files still live.

The movies are still sold on iTunes, but are no longer offered bundled together. For some reason the first movie is not showing up in my desktop iTunes or in my previous purchases list, so I can't DL it from iTunes into my desktop iTunes movie library (of course 2 is there & fine).

Interestingly, I tried to add the AWOL movie to my iTunes store wish list and it wouldn't let me as (according to the popup) I already bought the movie. So the iTunes store recognizes/acknowledges the purchase, even if it won't allow me to DL it onto my desktop.

Is there a way to synch the iPad and transfer the movie file from the iPad to my desktop?

PS: Also, would like to use wireless to update my iPhone & iPad with my latest iTunes playlist additions. Is that possible or does it require a hard synch?

Thanks in advance!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try "transfer purchases"? It should be somewhere in the iTunes menus.

3. jroug thread starter macrumors member

Under Files I see a "transfer purchases from your iPod" (is there a wireless iPod?) option, but it's inactive. Nothing about iPad.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'd try hooking up the iPad with a USB cable, and see if that'll give you the option to transfer purchases from your iPad. Considering how big a movie file is,or ably better to transfer it over a cable, anyway.

Also, make sure your computer is authorized with the same iTunes account you used to buy the movie.