Movie Rental stopped mid download, now is stuck and gives error...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nycgirl007, Apr 12, 2012.

1. nycgirl007 macrumors newbie

Has this happened to anyone else?

I rented a movie in advance of a trip today and it only downloaded about halfway before I had to leave my apartment but I figured I'd just finish downloading it when I got to the office.

Now the movie shows up in "videos" but is only downloaded halfway. When I try to restart the download it starts from scratch and says I don't have enough memory left! I tried to delete the movie rental but none of the usual methods (swipe left to right, hold down & wait for x) work! :confused:

Grateful for any help you guys can offer.

2. barryl85 macrumors regular

Something similar happened to me.

Top Gear UK HD Bolivia special 2.2gb - same as yourself I stopped it downloading mines was after 697mb ( I can remember the exact figures as it was in my download section in iTunes App for about 6 months !! ). Any time i pressed resume download I got an error and I could not delete it.

The only way I managed to fix mine was to connect my iPhone to my PC and on iTunes and iTunes on my PC downloaded the full file again and walla it was gone!!

3. nycgirl007 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I will try to tackle that today (good thing I have my laptop with me!) Thanks for the tip :)

4. barryl85 macrumors regular

Good luck ! and let me know how it goes =)