Movies in iPhoto no longer movies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Super20, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Super20 macrumors regular

I had a bunch of movies that took with my digital camera that were always imported into iPhoto when I transferred my pictures into it. I used to just be able to click on them in iPhoto and the movie would open up and play. Now it seems that my movies are gone and all that I have of my movies is the first frame as a picture and nothing else. Their file extensions used to say .mov but now are .jpg. I've tried changing the extension back to .mov but no movie is there and the file sizes are not what a movie should be.
    I'm running Snow Leopard on a 13" Macbook Pro with newest version of iPhoto. I have quicktime X and Quicktime 7 installed.
    I hate to lose these movies so any ideas on what might have happened would be great.

2. Loaded1001 macrumors newbie

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard, none of my movies now play directly from iPhoto. You have to drag them onto the Quicktime icon in the dock or run them from Finder. Only happened since upgrading to SL.
    Saw a lot of complaints about this on the Apple forum but no solution.

3. cindyhy macrumors member

I have Leopard 10.5.8, but iPhoto (8.1.1) still has to open my video in QuickTime.