Moving battery issue iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abz1981, Feb 19, 2013.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi all
    My iphone 5 I have had since last November battery seems to be moving inside. I have been to the apple store twice over the last 3 weeks. First time I went in they said they placed some glue to fix it. Which was fine and it stopped moving.

The second time it happened again after a week and I went to another different apple store and they said they cannot see glue being added on to it by last apple store so they seemed to this time added some sort of other glue to keep the battery in place.

Now today the battery seems to be moving again. Do you think apple should just replace it as in the iPhone now. Or do you think I have to keep going in every other week to get the glue replaced to keep the battery in place?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'd leave it until it moves again, then insist on a replacement...That battery moving around is only going to cause damage, and it's in warranty.

3. abz1981, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's already moving tho. U mean take it in and see if they add more glue to it and wait for it to happen again and ask for a replacement?

I am at the apple store now managed to get an appointment this morning. See what they say.

Okay update from apple. For some reason the genius who took my iphone to the back cannot seem to replicate the issue but I swear the issue was there. Unless he placed some glue on it and didn't tell me about it. But tested it now but it's fine. Guess just need to watch for it again and if it happens again il get the initial apple store person to test it before they take it to the back.