Moving to new iphone - iTunes won't let me use backup, new contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Oct 10, 2007.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

My phone has been changed a couple times now. Usually it has been loaner > refurb or repair, or loaner > new phone.

However, today I am going new phone -> new phone, and iTunes isn't giving me the option of just restoring my phone, when I insert my old sim card like it did all the other times.

Is that because this is another new phone, so if I activate it my contract and everything gets renewed 2 years?

Before, when I inserted the old sim into replacement phone and connected to iTunes, it would just say "new phone," or "replace/restore phone."

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Dixit macrumors newbie

Ive got the same problem, I restored my iPhone and for some reason when it came back up in iTunes it never asked me to restore the phone from my backup, intead it created a new iPhone called my name iPhone. I can go to iTunes preferences and click on iPhone tab and see the old backup, but no way to use it.

I found out where the backup was on the machine, I backed that folder up, and did a sync, and it wiped it out. So definetely need to find out how to make iTunes think it is still the old phone.

Dixit