Mp3 Tag Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speedemonV12, Jul 4, 2007.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, I currently have 2000 songs, and i need to change my tags so that the album tag is the same as the artist tag.

I used to use this

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

It was great, But now that i am on mac, i need something different anyone know of something that can do what i am asking? I need to change the album tag for every one of my songs, to the same as the artist tag.

thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Depending on your Mac, you could try Automator. I also hate the album names but I just use iTunes to delete them all outright. Depending on why you want to do this, it's a very easy alternative. You just have to select all the songs in iTunes, select Get Info from the File menu and tick the Album box. Leave it empty and press Okay, and then wait... :)

3. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

ya i know how to do that, but since i am adding artwork, and my new iphone sorts by album when i turn it sideways, i want albums, but for me it is easy to just have the albums the same as the artists... is this possible?