MPB 2011 15" battery percentage declining every couple of days

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neuroshock, May 3, 2011.

1. neuroshock macrumors newbie

I recently purchased the 2.2GHZ core i7 15" macbook pro. The laptop has been running on AC power ever since the day I purchased it- meaning I have the ac cord plugged in all the time, I have not disconnect it at all-

Initially (after unboxing and turning on the laptop) the battery percentage was at 99% .. after a couple of days(when i say a couple i mean 2 or 3 days tops) it went from 99% to 98% .. several days later aka now, it is at 97%

With the rate the battery percentage has been dropping, I'm guessing I'll end up with 10% battery life at the end of the month lol.

Am I doing something wrong here? Should I unplug the AC cord once it's fully charged? (in this case it wont ... since i guess fully charged at the moment means 97%)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's perfectly normal, and will fluctuate up and down over time. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It will go down gradually over time, as it isn't being constantly charged, and will just drain a little bit. It's best to use it to 50% or less battery every 3 days or so, just to keep it conditioned.

4. dyrer macrumors member

dyrer

Mine battery MBP '11 shows fully charged but percentage is to 99%
    Any ideas?

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You should calibrate your battery and then repeat every few months, especially if you keep it plugged in more than on battery power.

Instructions at the bottom of the page here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Normal. If you insist on having it at 100%, leave it unplugged until it reaches 90% and it will recharge all the way up to 100%.

The controller on the battery trickles downcharges and charges the battery to keep the electrons moving for people that leave their computers plugged in all the time.