Mr Blurry Cam of the New iPhone (6 June)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deccoo, Jun 6, 2009.

1. deccoo macrumors member

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yeah, i think we all know its gonna have the matte casing. I pretty much get the idea of how its gonna look. THe question is when can we get it. lol.

3. The General macrumors 601

Guh. Again, I really hope the speaker isn't on the top like that. It's ugly, unbalanced, and will be uncomfortable. If there is a speaker up there, it should be the loud speaker, not the headset speaker.

I don't understand why people think they need to move the speaker up to fit a front facing camera in either. Put the camera on the side of the speaker. The device is so small that the offset will not be apparent.

4. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Cue the "if this is it, it's ugly but I don't mean that it's just that Apple hasn't officially released it and when they do I'll exclaim it's the prettiest thing in the world!" comments...

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yeah, the one of the big questions is where the speaker will be located...at the top or bottom. I remember reading an article about Apple testing to see which one was better.

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

I hope with the fourth generation iPhone, the change how it looks. I am kinda tired of the same looking iphone, but different back casings. It looks like every year we just get a different back case, but the same front.

7. The General macrumors 601

If the loud speaker were at the top above the headset speaker, it would be facing the user, which is better than shooting the sound down and away from the user's face.

Plus, it wouldn't get blocked when holding the phone in landscape view and playing games.

8. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

How else can they change the front? Different shape of the home button? I mean honestly, there isn't much that they can do to the front, maybe a larger screen, or smaller borders.

9. fratboy macrumors regular

this looks like the "realest" iphone photo i have seen to date... i like it

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

They're smart, they can think of something. I'm sure they can change the front and still be able to keep the 3.5 inch screen. They can do it like this, but still manage to keep the 3.5 inch screen.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/Baldilocks73/iphone-2009-video.jpg

Of course the back will be bigger than that though.

11. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

I'm just going to wait to see the real thing...

This mockup, like others using the new dark bezel with the speaker up top, doesn't match the one in the pics that were floating around. That bezel didn't wrap around the bottom of the iPhone. Either one could have been a prototype bezel. It's less than 48 hours*, I'll wait.

*Unlike some, I think that Apple would have already mentioned if the iPhone would not be shown at WWDC. I still think the release will be in late June/early July. But, with the Pre releasing today, if Apple doesn't announce an iPhone on Monday like everyone is expecting, that would generate a whole round of "Pre is out, same old iPhone" articles.

12. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

i guess if you cant get over the speaker, dont buy the new phone..is it really that big of a dealbreaker to you? it seems like you have mentioned it in almost every thread since the bezel pics...no i dont stalk you..but your avatar makes your posts stand out ;)

on another note...i think this is the TRUE iphone video...personally

13. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm sure thats not a dealbreaker for him, he was only just saying. Oh, and its suppose to be called "iPhone 2009"

14. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I REALLY love this one, and hope it's the real thing. Looks to me like it is... I text most of the time so the ear speaker won't bother me. A front facing camera is awesome too.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Looks nice. I can't wait to see what Apple is going to release.

16. Ksg89 macrumors member

Speaker position is a non-issue, many phones, including my current one have a similar style.

17. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

But even that picture isn't changing the front that much. You basically made my point when I said that they can pretty much only change the home button, and the screen...that's it.

18. The General macrumors 601

It's a deal breaker. But I don't have to worry about it, because Apple would never make something so hideous. ;)

So would you prefer the screen be on the back? I mean, that picture is basically all screen on the front and they changed the speaker, the home button, the bezel dimensions. What exactly is it that you think they should change with the front?

19. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

no, they would design something that works well...so im guessing if the higher speaker works...they'll go with it.
    Im almost willing to make a paypal wager on this one

20. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Were you saying that to me? Because I am the one saying that they can't do much to the screen/front.

21. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Holding up my current iPhone, just because the speaker is a little higher isn't a big deal. In fact, it may very well be better.

With the current iPhone, I sometimes have to move the handset around a little bit to get the speaker directly over my ear. If this new design is true, I'll be able to feel the top edge of the phone as it rubs against my ear, lining it up right with the speaker.

22. The General macrumors 601

Okay, I bet $20 that Apple isn't going to put the headset speaker on the edge of the bezel in such an unbalanced and hideous fashion.

I think this is balanced, and this is something Apple might do with the speaker up there.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/04/possibly-leaked-images-of-next-iphone-and-other-sketchy-rumors/

But that isn't the headset speaker, it's clearly the loudspeaker on the top edge.

My mistake, I thought you were the one saying "they never change the front!"

23. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

ok, so youd like to wager $20 that apple will not be moving the earpiece up to the edge...instead you think they will have TWO HOLES? are you crazy?
    im willing to take your money...but seriously man

i realize that you may not be betting on the two holes...but that is something that they are much less likely to do than raising an earpiece.

and yes, i will take that bet...this picture in this thread is very likely it..VERY likely
    i can afford to say that...its 20 bucks

24. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I wonder how the white one will look, assuming there will still be a white one. Keeping the black bezel with a white back might look funky...hmm.

25. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

can only assume it would be a white bezel

m