Mr Page goes to Moscow

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Nov 6, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Carter Page not the brightest bulb in the shed. He really needs to shut his face before he makes it worse for himself.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...sia-trip-top-trump-campaign-officials-n818206

2. Zenithal macrumors G3

Quite possibly the dumbest adult I've come to witness my entire life.

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Not only did he incriminate himself he also probably brought down Sessions with him.
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-...-july-2016-russia-trip-to-sessions-in-passing

4. Zenithal macrumors G3

When are we going to find out the name of Manafort's interior decorator or is that something he does on his own time?

5. samcraig macrumors P6

He'll be his own interior decorator in prison.

6. 0007776 Suspended

Presumably unless he was hiring an illegal immigrant there wouldn’t be anything questionable about an interior decorator.

7. SusanK macrumors 68000

Second dumbest ;)

8. Zenithal macrumors G3

It's hard to decide whether Orange Julius comes in first or second.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

Orange Julius. I like that. May I use it? I need a polite reference especially when with supporters of the crazy orange guy.

10. Zenithal macrumors G3

Be my guest. Though, I didn't invent it. It's the name of a drink that was popular in the 70s and 80s.

11. SusanK macrumors 68000

I remember the drink. Never considered it as a reference for my less than polite one for you know who. Thanks again!

12. Zenithal macrumors G3

Salmon roe just doesn't have that kick to it.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I call him that all the time offline. I guess because I am mad I can't find Orange Julius around me anymore. They are few and far in between now. Man I loved that drink. Used to have them all the time.

14. SusanK macrumors 68000

There seemed to be an Orange Julius stand in all the malls. Don't see them now. Hope you find one nearby.

Can't post what I call him due to forum rules ;)

15. Zenithal macrumors G3

Yeah, definitely remember them being everywhere in the late 70s and 80s. It was a weekly staple for me when I was doing my undergrad and then masters. It was the pre-gamer of Friday nights. Get that sweet tangy orangesicle down your gluttonous mouth and let it serenade your body before you ply yourself when enough booze to wash away the frustration but not enough to hurl onto a cop car. It was during the last year of my masters program I found out one of my older professors from undergrad was quite the alcohol fiend.

Anyway, there's one in Santa Anita, @MadeTheSwitch. But the simplest hack I've found is a scoop of vanilla whey, dash of vanilla (madegascar vanilla aged in bourbon barrels), dash of salt, frozen concentrate of orange or orange juice with a dash or two of angostara bitters, and lots of ice. Whip that sucker up in a blender. You can add the sugar it needs or not. I still make one every so often and don't feel guilty drinking it. Pink Julius is good, too, but you do need the sugar in there. Or else it's too bitter.

A lot has changed since then. Remember those really neat cinnamon roll/honey bun hybrids with the made to order frosting that was sold up and down the state? Great stuff. It shut down. Then Cinnabon came to be. Which is an east coast chain, I think. I've got no complaints over it. As long as I don't recall the nutritional information. Very easy to eat a half dozen rolls without thinking.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Great info, thanks!

No. The only thing I remember is these honey bun things being sold in the grocery store. They still sell them, but they are not the same and don't taste the same either.

I love cinnabon. There's one at the local mall and one at Knott's too that I forgot about. A nice surprise after a recent Halloween Haunt night. :D

17. Zenithal macrumors G3

I forget the specifics, but it was a white box with clear plastic on the front, and dark green lettering on the sides. I think it closed shop in '94 or '95, so I can't blame you for forgetting. I remember candy stores making their own malt balls which were rather good. I think you can only get Whoopers or whatever they're called now.

They were fads of the 80s. I think Cinnabon is now suffering a nearly similar fate. There's just so many new trends out and about. There's a reason why donut chains or even indy shops are still around. Tried and tested. True classic.