MR Tab Doesn’t Load On iOS Safari

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mac 128, May 12, 2019.

1. Mac 128 macrumors 603

Mac 128

Sometimes, after I’ve logged onto and am surfing the MacRumors site on my iPad, I’ll switch away from the tab and back, and the site isn’t there. The tab is, but it’s empty. There’s no history, or anything, as if I’ve selected a new tab.

This happens somewhat regularly, and only with MacRumors. It’s not a huge problem to type macrumors.com back into the URL search, but I’m wondering what’s causing this, and whether there’s a way to fix it, or if it’s a problem with MR’s site not being fully compatible with iOS Safari.

2. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

This happens to me frequently and it has to do, as I've notices, when your ip changes. Such as going from lte to wifi or wifi to lte. I just close out and then reload.

3. Mac 128 thread starter macrumors 603

Mac 128

Interesting. My iPad is WiFi only, and is only ever on one IP address at home.

4. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

What version of iPad and iOS are you using? I'm using the 1st gen pro and it's getting much buggier and slower with the newer updates.

5. Mac 128 thread starter macrumors 603

Mac 128

I'm using the latest iPad with Pencil support, and the latest iOS.

6. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I'll try to replicate it. I always roll with 100+ tabs open :oops:, it hasn't happened yet though.

7. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I had the forums open on a tab and switched to some others. Browsed a few other sites then opened various apps. I came back to the MR tab and it was blank but it auto reloads within a second. That tabs history is in tact as well. That usually happens when it can't keep all of your tasks in the memory.

The site doesn't auto reload for you?

8. Mac 128 thread starter macrumors 603

Mac 128

In most cases it does. But the reason I posted this is because there’s about 5% of the time when it does not. And I have to delete the tab and reload it in a new one. And it’s ONLY MR that this happens with.

This also happens on my MacBook sometimes as well, but usually after a restart when all the other saved open tabs automatically reload as Safari opens up again, and MR tab just comes up blank. I also find that I will get a message sometimes that MR is using too much memory, causing poor overall performance, and a recommendation that I close the tab. I wonder if this is what’s causing it? Something about the way the MR website is optimized for Safari and hogs system resources to the point that the tab crashes on the iPad?