MS 2009 E3: Motion Control, Creepy kid simulator, Full Game Downloads & 1080p video

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Jun 1, 2009.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Alright. MS moneyhatted their way into being numero uno this year.

Live @

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/e309/default.htm

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/?show=Press+Conferences#Content (HD?)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174473 (Live Blog)

http://kotaku.com/5273134/microsofts-e3-expo-live-blog (Live Blog)

Everything starts at 10:25 due to a special surprise, although last year everything was late getting going. The length of the show is expected to be around 95 minutes (35 mins longer than Nintendo, 25 mins shorter than Sony).

Giantbomb guys are saying that banners with Splinter Cell: Conviction are sprouting up saying "Only on Xbox" and Hulu on 360 talk has been heating up (though it was shot down?). "Musical" opening likely to be Rock Band Beatles, and MW2 likely to play a big role in the show.

Then there is the heavily rumored 360 motion controller, Forza 3, and more Halo: ODST and of course, Zune HD.

YAY! E3 is back!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If they don't show some gameplay on Alan Wake I will be disappointed.

I hope they focus on exclusive than multiplatform games this time around..and please don't let some old PS3 game be the highlight of the conference.

Bless

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

ie. MGS4? ;)

EA/Ubi are having their conferences after MS, so maybe they show Mass Effect 2/Ass. Creed 2 at the MS show they give more details after in the developers conferences?

Crecente from Kotaku just mentioned that Halo Reach, Alan Wake, and Forza 3 all have achievement pages? edit: more on that http://kotaku.com/5273976/achievements-reveal-halo-reach-joy-ride-shadow-complex-and-more

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^
    Well I own all three consoles and I'm looking forward to MS conference but if they focus on MGS4 I'll be disappointed...I want new games man!:D:p

I'm interested in Mass Effect 2 but AssCreed;) was boring and I'm not really looking forward to the sequel unless I see some improvements.

Bless

5. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well there is rumored to be the expansion pack thinggy with MGS4 on 360, if it's real. Left 4 Dead 2 supposed to be shown as well (why the hell does Valve need that?)

Not to mention super-secret, apparently mind blowing XBLA game to be unveiled at the conference (according to David Ellis at 1Up)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Say whaaat? I doubt there will be a L4D2 so soon. What I can imagine being announced is another DLC pack, but even so L4D is doing very well. I don't see Valve making a sequel for a long time.

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

New Tony Hawk using a board? er... yay? Old.

Wow, MW2 looks epic! So does Epic's new XBLA game "Shadow Complex", kinda like Bionic Commando Re-Armed.

CRACKDOWN 2! Splinter Cell Conviction,

And just for Jimmi, L4D 2! Nov. 17 with chainsaws and axes.

Halo ODST looks fantastic, so does Alan Wake (looks REALLY awesome), hell even Forza 3 looks slick.

Annnddd 1080p streaming video via XBL and Facebook too. wow, taking a BIG run at Sony.

Ohhh crap... MGS on 360...

8. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

MGS! Wow. I bet Sony's pissed :p

Wait, WTF? No Solid Snake?

EDIT: Whoa....this "controller"! That's kinda awesome! Lol at the virtual "trying on clothes".

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Heh, MGS4. Internet is going to explode about now.

But L4D2. That's hella crap. The first game is buggy, is perfect and just needs more DLC. This seems totally unlike Valve. Some fowl play here. unless it's just some paid for add-on pack to the original game. They haven't even announced they've been working on the Source Engine!

Looks like I'm going to have some competition with my game, me vs. Epic. :(

10. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Motion controller looks really lame... aside from being able to browse the menus with your hand Minority Report style.

11. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

In regards to the motion controller.... much like how people have used the wiimote to turn any display into a nifty and cheap touchscreen, I imagine developers will hack this motion-sensing system to create a nifty and cheap motion-capture system for their 3D models :cool:.

I think the Live announcements (TV, Last.fm, better Netflix integration) are the best so far. Well, for my purposes anyway :D

12. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Someone on NeoGaf put it perfect

*fly goes in front of your face*

YOU HAVE JUST PURCHASED 1600 MICROSOFT POINTS

13. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Not sure how I feel about the motion controller... thus far all the "play the game via the camera" games have been pretty hard to get working. It's so dependent on lights and background that they usually end up failing. That and if only 2 games in the library use it..... guess we'll see right? I'm pretty excited for a fair amount of the announced games though (although they were pretty much known about anyway).

14. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Milo... sweet jesus thats creepy.

So... MS wins E3?

15. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Well... nobody else has spoken... so not really.

16. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

That Milo thing was crazy. When he took the paper from that girl's hand. Just wow.

17. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

The regular media (CNN/FOX/whatever) are gonna EAT UP this Natal thing. It's Wii-esc stuff on steroids. The movie service, providing it works as well as they say, is a big deal, as are the two Halo games.

18. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I think though, gamers have to eat this up... not so much the media. For anybody that has tried camera based games in the past I believe most have a bitter taste in their mouth. I'm certainly willing to give it a chance (my main gaming is done on the 360...) but demos are demos. I'll be interested to see it in homes and off the confines of the show floor where Microsoft has perfect conditions.

I'll watch it more when I get home though providing G4 is broadcasting it and my DVR worked.

Microsoft will have the spotlight with Natal and Milo tonight I'm sure but we shouldn't discount Sony/Nintendo until they've had their say.

19. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

This made my day :D

Sorry to say, but is exactly this type of user-interface subtlety that I can imagine making the whole motion system fall apart. We shall see though...

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Splinter Cell Conviction....YES PLEASE

Alan Wake.....ummmm my interest level went down a bit. I didn't like the light creatures and episodic feel of it.

MGSR...I'm always up for some MGS so I'm in.

That milo/Natal thing was creepy as hell...seriously.

Anybody notice Mass Effect 2 was missing?

Bless

21. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well it depends on how much this camera costs. If it's the price of a game or so, and you get all those free mini games, it could do really well. MS has the money to market the crap out of it and there are a lot of 360's out there. If they can take the mindshare away from Nintendo is obviously the biggest sticking point.

Oh, and Facebook/Twitter on 360 are pretty big as well. People are already OCD over them, and being able to check them in between gaming... ugh...

22. takao macrumors 68040

takao

the natal stuff was interesting but it remains to be seen how good it works... and hey its after just combining 2 video cameras but the highlight of the press conference for sure

on the other side i suddenly lost interest as soon as peter molyneux entered the stage: get lost with your KI promises
    especially when they are so boring (msot frequent question asked in other forums: "will you be able to punch to boy in the face ?")

halo: xyz: did they made this game with a "game generator" ? from the cliche "paradrop gone wrong" to the "seperated from his team" etc. this has "seen before" written all over it

alan wake: massive disappointment .. i expected it from screenshot to be some criminal /mystery solving thing but it ends up being a silent hill/resident evil clone with fancy magnesium torch effects and monsters dying like vampires in the blade movies
    also the monsters + the sentence "this town would be perfect for a book" make the end so much more easier ... no not the typical "it was only a dream ... or was it ....?" but the much more different "it was only the story of a book ... or was it ....?"

crackdown: guys in huge armor

modern warfare: scripted scene after scripted scene then a lot of snowy foggy landscape + fighting as seen before + more scripted scenes + "get on the snow mobile" :rolleyes:
    but it will send tons and more tons

splinter cell: stream failed there.. don't bother about it

forza: looks good but i didn't get the video making thing ... so people can watch others do tricks or something instead of playing themselves ?

MGS for xbox: great for xbox owners but being a raiden game ? .. have fun right there.. how about making a non MGS game again kojima ? you know like you promised years ago ?

personal fun highlight: "people all over the world asked about such a video service for them.. and that's why we will launch sky xyz.. in UK and ireland"
    world = UK+ireland

twitter+ facebook: unless you don't own a computer i don't get the point

and what is again the point of the skateboard peripheral with natal around the corner ? (where they showcased skateboarding ?)

23. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^

I thought the same thing about the TV announcement. I saw the Canadian flag in there so I am hopeful.

I would have liked some new IP's but MS is giving the majority what they want (ie. more of the BIG franchises)

Wow, also

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363621

[​IMG]

360 games on demand. Able to buy FULL games and keep them on your HDD. Titles shown include Mass Effect, Bioshokc, Oblivion, Lego Star WArs, etc. Launching in August. Never thought MS would do that.

24. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Download full games, like umm burnout paradise, GT5p.. been there done that :p:rolleyes:

25. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Alan Wake looks awesome, and I was already pumped for Modern Warfare 2.

Halo ODST? No thanks. I'm curious about Halo Reach though.

I haven't seen the Milo thing yet, off to check that out now.