MS Office available to download for iPhone (via Office 365 subscription)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Vip, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vip macrumors regular

Vip

Just read on Tuaw website that if you have 365 subscription you can download new app from Microsoft.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So it looks like MS is still trying to get you to buy the 365 subscription and using the iOS apps as the carrot to buy it.

Here's the link to the article for anyone's reading pleasure

3. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

MS Office (via Office 365 subscription) available for iOS.

This should be interesting - see link.

5. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

They took way too long! Probably a super watered down version.

6. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

I guess you can only download it to the device by syncing with iTunes? I can't find it in the App store. Likewise, when I download it to iTunes, it doesn't show in my purchase history on mobile devices.

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Not only that, I am not paying Microsoft $100.00 year to borrow their software?

I already own Apple's iWork suite for iOS, and it works fine for what I need it, and I own it for $30.00, I have Keynote, Numbers, and Pages.

Adobe is getting a huge back lashing from people due to the subscription Cloud services now for their suite of software, I do not own any but I hear that folks using it all the time, are mighty P-O'd to say the least.

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I agree - I have always thought subscription-based software was a pain in the backside. Aside from the higher cost, it just plain inconvenient to have to renew licences. I also do not like the idea of the iOS version requiring a internet connection, as it appears to do.

It never ceases to amaze when when computer companies take an infinitely flexible machine and start arbitrarily (and seemingly vindictively) creating unnecessary restrictions.

In any case, if my university subscribes to Office 365 then I must use iOS Office. Otherwise, I'll give it a miss.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.