MSN Iphone question: which app, site or jailbreaked appis the best msn for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Oct 17, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Please tell me your experience and advantages and disadvantages. also very important what does it consume texts messages or internet data

tried meebo but it suked cant even change my nick name

2. 226896 Guest

BeejiveIM from the app store. It's pricey but by FAR the best IM app on the store, and in my opinion, best app on the store so far. It's clean, fast, has an amazing UI, and you can stay connected to the server for up to 24 hours after you close the app.

A decent free alternative is Palringo, but IMO is no where near as nice to use as Beejive. If you don't mind spending a bit of money for quality, get BeejiveIM.

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

This consume text messages or just internet data, also wher ei can get the free one

4. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

any IM you get will go through data unless you sync your number with MSN/AIM ON YOUR COMPUTER..then it'll be through Txts.

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

wow so any tips on avoiding sincyn or getting charge for texts

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

just don't go into settings on MSN on your computer and then enter your phone number in..

by sync I meant that you enter your number in the settings in MSN/AIM on your computer, not sync with iTunes

8. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

More opinion, any jailbreake dor free app? Tried palrngo but it says is unsafe so i dont use it. meebo sucks so any good one to use msn on?

9. iblastoff macrumors 6502

umm how is palringo 'unsafe'? its basically your best choice if you're too cheap to buy an app.

10. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

So you don't want to pay for the app and you don't want to pay for th service.

Beejive is by far the best for IM.

Palringo & IM+ are the only other real alternatives and are free in the appstore. I wouldnt touch Mobilechat with a bargepole. There are no other alternatives.

11. David-fr macrumors 6502

the, best app i tried do far, msn are three:

Fring, FREE APP (tells you when the person is writing a messege, and if you are in a wifi hotspot you can call the persons computer by msn. from the iphone) i love it!

IM+, free app, ( includes alot of servises in those are msn, is ok with good user interface)

Mobile chat, mc ( its about three dollars, but worth them, clean UI, AND YOU CAN TYPE IN LANDSCAPE MODE!!!...)

I USE ALL THREE BUT FRING IS THE ONE!!!!