MSNBC host throws epic hissy fit and walks off set in a rage. All fourteen viewers are bereft.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Feb 27, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

As usual, an angry liberal plays the race card because she didn't get her way. Twice-married, biracial, perpetually outraged, tax-cheating, "hard work is a racist dog whistle" Melissa Harris-Perry screeches “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by Lack, Griffin or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”

Apparently, she is spitting mad because her hard-hitting coverage of important news like Beyonce's latest costume malfunction was preempted several times by news that she considers unworthy: small stuff like the United States presidential election.

As usual, it's all racism despite the fact that MSNBC also bumped José Díaz-Balart's show, exiled Al Sharpton to the Sunday graveyard hour, and booted Ed Shultz and Rowan Farrow completely.

MSNBC loves to hire egotistical idiots like Keith Olberman and MHP and they never fail to have entertaining meltdowns.

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

She can come here to New York and be welcomed by Bill DeBlasio and his hand-picked coterie. And there's alway the NY Times that could utilize another toxic bomb thrower on the payroll.

3. A.Goldberg, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I don't think she has that much viewership as it is... Along with many of their other shows. I think their most viewed show is probably Lock Up, the show about prison life that airs on the weekends when they're not broadcasting :p. I also think MHP did not come off as all that balanced or effective in addressing her race and gender issues. She honestly just came off as a polarizing, one sided, one dimensional social justice activist and not convincing to people with opposing/ignorant/neutral opinions on the matter.

Despite her later statement *somewhat* recanting of the racial component ("I don't know if there was a personal racial component...") , I think her comments are out of line. Unless she has real evidence of racial descrimination, she can't go around implying that MSNBC and its executives are racist. It seems like another incidence of subtlety playing the race card. I find it hard to believe the most liberal/progressive network in history would cut someone's time slot out of racism. It's immature not to realize you're not the most important person on TV and how she handled herself.

I imagine the election season reporting must be the media's most viewed/most profitable time. It makes sense to target the news viewers are looking for. As with most MSNBC shows, they're not really reporting the live news like CNN, Fox, etc- they're primarily promoting a liberal message. Of course all network news is pretty biased, but I find MSNBC focuses more on commentary than actual coverage.

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

MSNBC and MHP have "parted ways" which could be a euphemism for "fired."

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Actually, they are doing more news than they used to. That's why they jettisoned some of those shows.

And this all could've been handled behind the scenes if she hadn't made the unwise move of putting those views in an e-mail. Too bad her anger got the better of her. But it's not the first time someone's been upset with MSNBC management. Sort of makes you wonder what's going on in their executive offices.

6. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

I agree except for Keith Olberman, I liked him. Maybe my views would be different if he was still on the show.