Mueller recommending no prison time for Michael Flynn

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Heavily redacted filing. Besides the Russia probe Flynn cooperated on two other matters. 19 separate interviews. Trump will be livid. And everyone in Trump World who treated Flynn as a martyr will now turn on him. Bank on it.

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Trump should be happy, right? He’s a good man and he wanted this dropped.

Very little new info here.

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

And this is who the #MAGA nuts think Flynn ratted out. :D

[​IMG]

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Mueller should present evidence and leave it up to “reasonable prosecutors”

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

If “reasonable prosecutors” were in charge ole Donny would be in jail...since “reasonable prosecutors” aren't in charge ole Donny will see the same light as ole Hill Dog since money and status always win

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Looking forward to Trump’s 5am porcelain throne tweets in the morning, should be interesting. Is Flynn still in the Con Don’s good graces, or has he earned himself a nickname?

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's hard for me to fully understand what happened with Gen. Flynn.

Because by all accounts he was a highly skilled and effective military officer. One who excelled at just about every role he was called upon to perform. Until he found himself out of his depth, and prey to the prejudices and blindspots that a 30+ year career in the military can create.

I'm sure Flynn was disappointed when he got fired from his job in the Obama Administration. But he took that disappointment and channeled it into the revolting spectacle of him on stage leading "lock her up" chants at Trump rallies. That's hard for me to excuse. Regardless of one's opinion of Hillary Clinton, Flynn's actions are inconsistent with the respect for the rule of law that his Army training should have given him. He compounded that error by engaging in borderline conversations with officials from a hostile foreign power. Conversations he should have known were going to be surveilled by the same intelligence community he himself was once part of. And then lying about it to Government officials who he, again, should have been aware of his lying.

Flynn is a prime example of people who let their association with Donald Trump lead them into manifesting their worst impulses. And disgrace and prison awaits more than a few of those people.

A leader, and especially a President, should inspire people to be their best. Not pander to the sort of sordid, spiteful, and criminal impulses that lurk in the heart of even the most talented and ambitious people.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

i.e....he sang the song Muller's team wanted to hear.

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This is as baseless as me saying Mueller has a trove of evidence to indict Trump.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It's not a knock against him or Mueller, it's what happens when you cooperate with prosecutors. The alternative is they prosecute you to the fullest extent for your crimes with zero sentencing considerations.

12. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

I guess Trump no longer considers him a "good guy."

And as for Roger Stone, Trump has said in the past that "the mob takes the Fifth."