Mueller Report to be released Thursday morning (4-18-19)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by raqball, Apr 15, 2019.

1. raqball macrumors 68000

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Explains why Trump is flipping out on Twitter

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Popcorn at the ready, but actually hoping the Congress doesn't make this a political circus. We just need to assess whether Barr's summary was accurate and whether there are security issues that need to be addressed.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

the word "redacted" is good enough for the liberals to imply the "evidence" is there but hidden......

5. samcraig, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

samcraig macrumors P6

As an aside (it's not really on topic). - One takeaway I will always have from the past 2 years is that Trump never testified to Congress. Claiming a "trap."

Say what you want about Hillary. At least she stood up and answered questions for hours. You may not have liked the outcome, but you can't claim she didn't face the firing squad.

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

That's utter XXXXXXXX.

:p

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

it's ok guys, I still love you.

8. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Aside from mostly claiming I can't recall and wiping the server with a cloth. I don't think we got much from it. It didn't really matter in the end, she wouldn't be procecuted of anything reguardless.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

That's a lovely bit of fiction. Thanks for the story time. She testified for hours. I'd like to see/settle for Trump testifying for 15 minutes.

10. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Im almost going to guarantee they will find something, complain about redactions or other. Im placing my bet for this pool right now.

11. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

I have no doubt it's not all glitter and roses for Trump in the report. If (D) harp on the bad then cool and no complaints from me.. If they jump up and down over the redactions, twist words and play games then ya know...

I am with you, I expect games but hope I am proven wrong...

12. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It’s not hidden. It’s already available in dozens of public sentencing memoranda and other court filings the Mueller team has already filed.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

THEN Mueller is as corrupt as Comey and simply does not want to charge trump?

14. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Congress, last I heard is demanding a classified unredacted report. Nothing less will do. Last thing I want is a report edited by the President’s Right Hand Man.

15. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

They can demand all they want... All they are doing is setting the table to continue the lies when they don't get it...

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Or, more likely, he understands that criminal statutes are the wrong measure against which to evaluate Trump’s actions. Just because he didn’t find a specific criminal violation does not, in any way, absolve Trump of culpability.

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

It is their right as part of their Constitutional role of oversight, I predict it will go to the Supreme Court if the Justice Dept refuses. I also imagine that after having such a jack ass in the Oval Office a lot of consideration is being given to curbing what would normally be reasonable powers in the hands of a reasonable person. But now they definitively have to think for a worse case idiot, what controls are needed that don’t currently exist?

Of course the entire system depends on reasonable citizens voting for the best candidate. I see no way in a democracy to keep us from shooting ourselves in the leg as we did with Supreme Leader.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 15, 2019 ---
    Comey was not corrupt as much as your politics dictate.

18. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

Giving the information to them and not allowing the public to see exactly the same only opens the door for more political lies and grandstanding...

(R) or (D) can claim this that or the other and you have no clue if its correct or not. I don't care if congress gets everything but I say this full well knowing that both sides will twist it to fit their narratives...

If you trust Schiff or Nunes or whomever to be honest then more power to you.. I don't......

19. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Congress can’t abide by a redacted report to get the full picture. Barr has shown he is not impartial in regards to our President. Correct me if I’m wrong but his job is to be the Citizen’s lawyer, not the President’s lawyer.
    But you trust Barr? Geez. :oops:

20. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

CNN or MSNBC can overdose their viewership all they want with lies.. Barr summarized the report and Mueller's team is assisting with the redactions. (D) can call Mueller to testify if they'd like...

The media false narrative spoon feeding that Barr is Trumps lackey and personal attorney is a disgusting attempt to smear a man who has lived a reputable and honorable life. To believe that farce you'd have to believe that Barr is willing to risk his reputation for the sake of lying about a report that Mueller or Rosenstein can refute at any time..

Believe whatever you'd like....

21. pl1984 macrumors 68020

From the information we have I'd hardly classify what she faced as a "firing squad".
    Culpability in what?

22. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Their Constitutional role does not circumvent the laws of confidentiality in the roles of national security. I see it highly unlikely it to be ruled constitutional. Probably a better solution would be to obtain a top secret clearance necessary to view said reports unreacted.

23. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I think you understand my position on this by now. You choose to think that it’s perfectly OK for a major party nominee for president to engage in secret personal business deals with a hostile foreign government and then to lie to the American people and cover up and try to block investigations of those deals and the crimes committed by that hostile government on his behalf, and I do not.

24. pl1984 macrumors 68020

I assume by "their" you're referring to Congress or some subset. If that's the case I believe they already possess the necessary clearances to do so. My concern is I suspect they'll leak it.

25. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

Then I assume you are interested in Clintons Ukraine connections?