Mueller's questions to Trump leaked

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IWantItThatWay, Apr 30, 2018.

1. IWantItThatWay Suspended

http://archive.is/KWHrE#selection-843.160-863.116

As I expected, this investigation had nothing to do with Russia and Mueller is going to try and get Trump on something else (like obstruction or perjury).

Almost nothing on Russia as expected. Almost all of the questions are about AFTER the election.

The Deep State is so desperate, it's hilarious.

Robert Mueller, under oath to Congress:

2. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502a

Ledsteplin

You're right! And in the end, it'll have been nothing but a big waste of money.

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

How many times do you guys need to be reminded that the Mueller investigation can go where evidence leads? It's literally in Mueller's directive.

[​IMG]

4. IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

What do we call that?

Oh yeah, a "witch hunt."

"Searching for a crime" is something your buddies at the KGB do.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

The Right didn't have any problems wasting money on the 20+ investigations into Clinton, but now that it's against someone on their side it's an issue. Don't forget, there's already 20+ indictments that's come out of this, more then what was found in the 20 investigations into Clinton. Makes it hard to argue it's a waste when it's already been fruitful.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2018 ---

So you're argument is that because the crime wasn't initially known, it should be allowed to have happened. Great logic there.

6. IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

Do you not know what due process means?

You don't "search" for crimes. There's a thing called the 4th amendment.

Also, should Obama and Democrats be investigated about Russia? Need I remind you how pro-Russia the Democrats were in 2012?

- The Democrats - https://twitter.com/thedemocrats/status/260497619862835201

- Barack Obama at the 2012 DNC - http://www.npr.org/2012/09/06/160713941/transcript-president-obamas-convention-speech

- Barack Obama during 2012 Presidential debate )

The DNC even made a poster mocking Romney about watching Rocky IV to get his foreign policy: https://theintercept.com/wp-uploads/sites/1/2016/09/romneykerry.jpg

- John Kerry at the 2012 DNC

- Then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Romney's views on Russia http://www.redstate.com/erick/2014/...ey-on-russia-then-goes-to-hitler-comparisons/

- Then VP Joe Biden http://www.politico.com/story/2012/04/biden-assails-mocks-romney-on-foreign-policy-075653

- The New York Times September 2012 archive.is/IsUS9

- Obama to Russia/Putin

- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303836404577475061208876588

7. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

The desperation coming from the Trumpster Fire is now palpable. This is what you get for backing a loudmouth wannabe mobster con artist who isn’t half as clever as he believes himself to be.

Deep state my arse. Your guy is guilty as hell. :D

8. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

What nonsense are you peddling? I searched for "Russia" on the web page you linked to and got over 45 hits. So what if questions were about after the election? That's when the coverup was occurring.

I suppose "Deep State" is any governmental agency or employee who doesn't profess full loyalty to Trump.
    Keep dreaming..."I love it." - Donald Trump, Jr.

9. IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

Only about 10% of the questions have to do with the campaign.

They asked him about a 2013 visit:

But according to Democrats, pre-2014 (see my above post) Russia was our best friend.

Democrats always tell me that Russia only became our enemy in 2014 and that what happened with Russia pre-2014 is irrelevant.

Funny how that doesn't apply to Trump.

Almost as if the Deep State is involved in a witch hunt.

Can you give me a good explanation?

10. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Where did you get your law degree, Trump U? If in the course of an investigation a crime is uncovered, law enforcement is supposed to ignore it?

11. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

• When did you become aware of the Trump Tower meeting?
    This and other questions relate to a June 9, 2016, meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer who offered political dirt about Mrs. Clinton. Mr. Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., arranged the meeting. He said he did not tell his father about it when it happened.

We've got your Deep State right here :)

12. IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

If cops looked through your Facebook history without probable cause/warrant, and say saw you doing something illegal and arrested you, would that be acceptable to you?

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Again you're ignoring the direct which specifically states

"any links and/or coordination between the Russian gov and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

any other matters within the cope of 28 C.F.R. 600.4(a)"

For those wanting to know what 28 CFR 600.4 is

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.4

So again, it states that if evidence is found during the initial investigation into those associated with the Trump campaign that leads to other crimes the special counsel has a duty to follow that evidence. That's not a witch hunt, that's how it works in any case. The police don't sit there and say, well we found evidence of crime B while investigating crime A but because we were there for crime A, we'll just ignore crime B. It doesn't work like that, I want to believe you're smart enough to grasp that.

And FTR, this has nothing to do with due process.
    Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all legal rights that are owed to a person

[​IMG]

But hey, if you feel there should be an investigation, go for it.

14. IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

Let me explain why you're wrong and this is a witch hunt.

Why did the Democrats pre-2014 Russia was our friend? I've shown you the quotes. So tell me why I should believe you that Russia is a threat when you said the GOP's previous nominee wasn't even qualified because he said Russia was our main geopolitical foe?

15. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

What evidence can you provide that would show Mueller doesn't have the evidence he needs to further his investigation? Im dying to see it.

16. IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

Where is your evidence Iraq had WMDs?

Anyway, answer me this: why was it in 2012 Romney wasn't qualified to be President because of his comments on Russia but now Russia is our biggest enemy?

You say the quotes of Democrats pre-2014 about Russia is a "deflection," but give me a good explanation please?

17. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

The US is a free country. At the time Trump was President Elect. Still was a private citizen, so I fail to see how he could have done anything illegal by just talking to Russians, or his campaign staff talking about deals to even members of the Russian government. He and his campaign had the legal right to talk to anyone they wanted to. The obsession over the Russia thing has gotten ridiculous. The questions laid out are obviously designed to get him on obstruction, because in actuality communicating with Russian people, or even Russians connected to the Kremlin is not a crime.

18. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

So you're proof that this is a witch hunt is a quote unrelated to this investigation? How desperate are you? I never said Romney was not qualified for anything. I think he is far more qualified then Trump ever could be. Those lines from back then were political talking points, more like a gotcha reply.

19. IWantItThatWay, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018

IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

I will ask one more time: Pre-2014 Democrats said Russia was our best friend, and that Romney asn't even QUALIFIED to be President because of his views on Russia. (Then) Sen. John Kerry, a future Secretary of State, outright said Romney was getting his foreign policy from "Rocky IV."

So can you give me an explanation for that?

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

What's mueller's investigation about? Anything?

21. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Are we sure this leak is real? Something feels off about those questions. They don't seem "lawyerly". I've never been questions by a special prosecutor so maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. I just expected a different style.

22. IWantItThatWay thread starter Suspended

He's trying to get Trump on perjury or obstruction.

23. mudslag, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I dont have evidence, I never did, then again I dont work for the gov. But I get where you're going, you want to play the "fake evidence" angle, what you have to remember, we can't know if something is fabricated til after all the info comes out. Which means we have to let the investigation play out. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's a moot point, arguing on a forum about what you think is wrong is irrelevant to the investigation itself. It will play out regardless.

Plus you have to remember, that there is already progress in this investigation with over 20 indictments, that includes multiple guilty pleas. You don't plead guilty if evidence against you is wrong or fake. That alone proves that he was right about those already indicted.

As for the deflection part, what we've learned so far shows that Romney was right, that Russia was/is working against us for their benefit. But again that aspect has nothing to do with the investigation now, hence it's a deflection.

Exactly who called Russia our best friend, cause it wasn't Obama. That's your claim so it's on you to back that up. Also I never said Romney wasn't qualified, nor can I find any quote stating such claim. Political talking points by Kerry or anyone else was just that, trying to make Romney look wrong. Do you even realize that's how politics works? Specially during election season. The goal is to make your opponent wrong and not worthy of the job. How do you not get that?

24. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

The only crimes committed by Trump staff who where indicted was lying to investigators, or failing to disclose encounters with Russian people. That's it. It seems the campaign was worried about all the bad press about so called collusion with Russians, even though it's perfectly legal to talk to Russians, or even people in Russian government. This probably could have all been avoided if Trump's campaign team was just upfront about their encounters with Russian businessmen and government officials. It's not a crime to do business with the Russians, but it is a crime to lie to federal investigators, or fail to disclose foreign encounters on security clearance forms. It seems like Muller is trying to get Trump to admit he intentionally obstructed the investigation, or catch him in a lie. Like I said before the answers to all of his questions would be the 5th, and to go f-himself.

25. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

If Trump didnt obstruct and doesnt perjure himself then he doesn't have anything to worry about.