Multiple iPhone 4s problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soulflower, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Soulflower macrumors regular

Soulflower

I got my first iPhone ever, the 4s, in November. It had a problem completing calls. The person on the other end could hear me, but I couldn't hear the phone ring or them talking. Apple swapped it out.

The second one was great for a while. Then the battery showed I had a charge of 48% left and it shut off. When I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't come on. I tried holding the power button and the home button and it showed that the battery needed charging. I plugged it in just long enough for it to boot up and it immediately said it was at 48%.

After thinking about it, I also remember it being fully charged and staying at 100% for half a day. I was using it too so I wondered why the battery wasn't dropping.

I called Apple and they are sent a new one. I've had it about a week. I was hoping that third time was charm.

Sadly my third iPhone shut off today at 30% and displayed the 'red battery charge' symbol. I plugged it in and it was at 30% when it booted which was almost immediately. I let it charge until about 55% and took it off because I've been out of the house today. When the phone got back down to 33%, it shut off again.

I called AppleCare and they say it is unlikely that two phones would have the same issue so they recommend that I reset the phone as a new phone and not restore it from a backup. I spent so much time setting up all my screens and folders. Has anyone here had this same problem and had any success with resetting?

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

wow, talk about a string of bad luck!

I have never had an issue (hardware wise) with my Apple products