Multiple other birthday calendar entries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by briansanderson, Jul 12, 2011.

1. briansanderson macrumors member

I am currently running ios 5 beta 3 and I am having some calendar issues. Like I said in the title of this thread I have 3 other birthday calendar entries in the calendar app on my iphone. I attached a photo to illustrate what I mean. I was just curious if anyone else has been having this issue and if so how do you delete them. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. bigsl0ppy macrumors newbie

Multiple Birthday calendars

I have the same issue. It shows up in the notifications bar as multiple reminders as well. I tried disabling different calendars including iCloud with no resolve. Temp solution to the notification bar, if you go into notification settings and have it only display one event. Just letting you know your not alone.

3. TonyLukes3 macrumors newbie

I have this exact same issue, it's driving me crazy. I've tried disabling MobileMe calendars, but the Other > Birthday calendars still show up in multiples. Hoping someone figures something out here soon. I'll post if I do as well...

4. adamceresko macrumors newbie

I have seven (7) other birthday calendars. Working on a fix now, will upload if / when I do.

5. bigsl0ppy macrumors newbie

Beta 4 bug fix

Upgrade to beta 4, it's one of the numerous bug fixes.

6. gujamin macrumors member

7. icyonly1 macrumors newbie

SUPER annoying.

I have the 4s running 5.01 and I have over 20 birthday calendars duplicated and it's driving me nuts. I still haven't found a fix. I know you can just HIDE it but having them there seems to lag my phone and it freezes a lot when I'm trying to select which calendar to view. HELP PLEASE!! :mad:

8. bennydo macrumors newbie

Having same problem, has anyone got a solution?

I have to say that this is really annoying, on top of having about 8 different "Other" sections and each with "birthdays" in it my calendar became so slow that I just can't use it anymore.
    At first I thought it might be related to "GROUPS free" app (link to http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/02/groups-free-takes-contact-management-step because I have 8 different groups of contacts, but then I tried to delete several groups hoping it would delete some of the calendars but no cigar.

HELP!!!

some info: Iphone 4 software version 5.01 - so no beta bugs there!

9. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Anyone find a fix for this? It is rather disturbing to get reminded of One persons Birthday 16 times

10. jppowers macrumors newbie

Here's a clue

I have two birthday calendars in the Other category -- same symptoms. But, some time ago I modified the name of one of my contacts to remove his middle name. Now, this birthday appears once with his middle name and once without his middle name. I cannot find an entry anywhere in my iPad with his middle name (except in the extraneous birthday calendar).

So here's my guess: somehow during an iCloud merge / sync the old birthday calendar (the one with a middle name) became disassociated with my Contacts. It is automatically backed up every time I sync and it is restored if I reset my iPad and sync from iCloud backup. But because it is unrelated to Contacts, I cannot deleted the obnoxious birthday calendar.

Does anyone know how to perform a calendarectomy on iPad backups?

11. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Recently that happened to me on my iPad. idk how it happened because I used the same setting I did on all my other IOS devices. After a couple of days of deselecting and selecting Sync/don't sync.. it fixed itself.

12. soundmanbrad macrumors newbie

I found a fix for this little problem - other than restoring

Hey guys,

I tried deleting the contents of /var/mobile/Library/Calendar after removing all my mail and calendar accounts and it fixed the problem. I don't know if it is necessary to remove the mail accounts first, but I don't think it is. I wrote a more detailed set of instructions at,

http://www.themathpowers.com/drupal/content/fix-multiple-birthday-calendars-iphone-or-ipad

Let me know how it works. You of course, need to be jailbroken to do this.

Cheers,

Brad