Multiple people stabbed at Sacramento far-right rally & counter-protest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Not a good day for freedom of speech, I guess.

"Multiple people have been stabbed after clashes broke out during a rally outside State Capitol in Sacramento, California. The violence broke out between far-right activists from the Traditionalist Worker Party and counter-protesters."

https://www.rt.com/usa/348500-stabbing-rally-sacramento-california/

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Ban people who always say ban knives when a knife violence topic comes up because they think they're being witty but they're not cuz that joke's been kinda played out for years now and new material is desperately needed.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Back ground checks and knife insurance :p I mean we need a good guy with a knife :D

5. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Kinda funny how black lives matter but not white for Antifa Sacramento. :eek:

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

I know that banning knives carries an inconvenient truth that irritates the anti-gun crowd.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

It's an even worse day for guns since the good guys weren't there. Since it's a conservative rally, are the good guys with guns all liberals?! Oh, wait, they didn't have any either. So no good guys were there until the police show up but nobody wants to pay for them...
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2016 ---
    Not at all.

But any ol' coward can use a gun. It takes a lot less cowardice and a lot more determination to shove a knife into another person. The issue is about intent, degree, and ability. These inconvenient truths are often ignored for the sake of agenda that the Constitution is against.

Reminder, it reads:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

And not

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I'm sorry if certain political groups felt the need to pervert the Constitution by removing certain qualifying words.

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Oh joy, every group that would kill me on sight if they could...

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, we should ban all the knife laws we have on the books, because knives don't kill people, people do, and you can't stop people from killing people apparently, so...

...FREE FOR ALL! \m/:mad:

10. Desertrat macrumors newbie

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Obviously, there needs to be a gun that shoots knives.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, they're a pretty subtle bunch...

[​IMG]

13. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Idiotic speech is constitutionally protected. Violence against such speech is a crime.

14. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I believe that you are asserting that if a murder would take place if someone would use a gun to carry it out, that it would take place regardless, using some other means?

I expect that you also believe that thermodynamics is also wrong, and that warm beer spontaneously cools? Because, the available statistics make either hypothesis very unlikely. Just live with the fact that you accept a higher overall murder rate as the price of the "2nd Amendment" (as interpreted by, e.g. Scalia) and leave it at that.

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Its pretty clear that both sides decided to partake in violence.

16. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

As modified, agreed.

Given that we agree, what do you think the best way to minimize the power of neo-Nazis is?

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I doubt very seriously the thinly veiled neo-nazis just stood around defending themselves as the protesters bum rushed them. If there's any one political group that loves to give some pain back, it'd be them.

Par for the course, the rhetoric got heated, then **** went down.

18. FieldingMellish Suspended

Renzatic's reflexive post along with its upvotes contradicts your "not at all."
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2016 ---
    :mad::mad::mad: ;)

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It was a reflexive post to a kneejerk reaction, so I guess the only real moral we can derive from this is that we're all stupid.

20. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, it just proves that you have no original material. You're a broken record. A wash out. Pack your bags and go home. You'll never play in the league again!

21. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

What power do these neo-Nazis possess that requires minimizing?

22. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Why hide them behind "far right group" instead of just saying "neo nazi"? Are we trying to make it sound less bad, since everyone here can agree the Nazi are bad news?

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Well admittedly it is kinda funny when someone sides with these groups simply because of their political leanings, oblivious to the fact that they're actually associating themselves with Nazis.