Multiple phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SHirsch999, Nov 15, 2011.

1. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Hi. Is it possible to have your phone number on 2 separate phones? The reason why I ask is that I am a bit concerned over the iP4s battery. I do not own a smartphone yet, just a dumb phone (circa 2006 but still gets 3-4 days on a single charge and is currently on a pre-paid plan) and a 3G iPad2. if possible, I would use the dumb phone as a backup to my iPhone and not have to worry as much about draining its battery. or, is my worrying about draining the iP4s battery in 1 day not really an issue? It's kinda hard to tell based on what I have read in these forums. Thanks!

2. RRNYC macrumors member

You can't have two active phones with the same number but you can put your sim into another phone to use. Just get a battery boost to charge your phone on the go. They're small light and charge your phone fast. Carrying a separate phone seems seems like a silly option.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

AFAIK, you can't have two phones with the same number -- what you could potentially do is use Google Voice to get a new number and have it ring both phones.

For me, battery life on the 4S has not been an issue. I always get a full day and recharge while asleep. This may vary depending on your signal strength coverage where you are and how much / what you do with the phone itself. If you spend hours playing games you'll burn through the battery in short order on any phone.

4. SHirsch999 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, thanks for the fast reply!! excuse my ignorance, but what is a battery boost?

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

6. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I wouldn't worry about battery life. What you can do though is if your iPhone is about to die, turn on call forwarding to your dumb phone.