Multiple Reports X won’t ship until DEC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steelo3232, Oct 5, 2017.

1. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Is this your first day on the internet? People post nonsense all the time. You can’t possibly believe that it affects Apple stock.

Let me give it a try: I overheard an Apple employee say that Apple hasn’t actually made a single X unit yet, and on Nov 3rd they’re just going to ship boxes full of cotton candy! Can’t wait to see how the market reacts!

2. Geert76 macrumors 65816

so many fake news/numbers.

No way that there are more then 40 million people around the globe ordering the iPhone X on Oct 27th.
    I could believe 15-20 million (worldwide) on the pre order date.
    40 million of sold iPhone X over a timeframe of 2 to 4 months, that I could believe, but again...not 40+ million at the same time/day on tht 27th.

Some people here think pre ordering the iPhone X is like ordering a supersized McDonalds meal at your nearest DriveThru.

We are talking about a €1000+/$1000+ phone, people.
    Newsflash: there are millions of people laughing at this insane price tag.

I am one of those crazy people who's ready to order the 27th, though! :cool:

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

You do realize Chinese population alone is almost 1400 million. 40 million out of 1400 million on Oct 27 is nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if first-hour preorders exceeded 60 million. You must be a novice iPhone user.

4. aetherpeak Suspended

Let's take it down a notch there, Juan Bond. It's the internet. Just like I won't trust you to be an international man of mystery and expert in espionage, I don't take stock market advice from the forums of MacRumors.

5. santela macrumors regular

If that happens I’m giving android a try.

6. steelo3232 thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure how you can commit securities fraud when you own no securities. I’d love to even be in the realm of possibility of having the amount of money it takes to commit securities fraud. Heck, I don’t think I even know anyone that owns more than 10 shares of Apple Stock.... I was looking at retirement at 55 until my wife thought we needed a 4th boy.... LOVE that toddler.... 401 K is gone though now.... I’ll be working until I’m 70 at this rate..... so yes JAUN I took a article from a website,posted it here, all to manipulate the stock price of Apple which I own none of..... I have a savings account...is that tied to Apple’s performance? I am truly the Bernie Maddof of forums.

7. ronincse macrumors regular

ronincse

Omg! You monster!

8. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

There’s no way that any company would announce a release date for a highly anticipated product with a 10% yield rate. The X will probably be supply constrained until early 2018 however.

9. Geert76, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

Geert76 macrumors 65816

oeps! I forgot China indeed. Thanks for the reminder ;)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    @Goldfrapp

interesting article from Forbes, which says that the iPhone X is not the answer to Apple's China problem.
    The iPhone 8 is popular in China (low price) and not the upcoming iPhone X (way to expensive)
    So, it will be the iPhone 8 that drives Apple’s China sales.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ywang/...-answer-to-apples-china-problem/#66aebab410a2

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think this is a safe assumption. And I agree with you that the iPhone X is launching much later this year than usual and it's only expected that delays will inevitably be in to early 2018. But being that this is a major iPhone release, this also will likely go much later into 2018 for those who don't preorder.

11. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Yes, call it a "product category"... either way, Apple has been making products in that category, with new technology, every year for a long time.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I agree and disagree with you.

The airpods are not a new product, they've had earbuds for some time, Apple took an existing product and added new tech to it.

The iPhone X is not a new product either, because everything that is on the iPhone X has been done before, just not by them. Yes, in some cases like faceid, they added new tech, but facial recognition, edge to edge screen, wireless charging, no home button, have all existed on android and in some cases for several years.

13. pcorrado macrumors 6502

Totally agree.

First weekend sales for iPhone 6 series were 10M (which was the first and only iPhone I couldn’t get on launch) without China. iPhone 6s series was 13M including China with launch in a dozen countries. I understand there are like 30 countries launching on Oct 27 but considering the biggest markets are accounted for with the 13M number I doubt adding those counties change the dynamic significantly.

My point - even if we double the 6s numbers to account for the new launch countries - where are these other 20M people looking to spend 1K on an iPhone? I just can’t buy it. You are talking about the same market of consumers that kept the 16GB iPhone alive for 8 years because it sold better at $100 cheaper.

Of course, the phone will still be hard to get on launch day but not impossible if you plan and approach it like any other launch day.

14. zhandri macrumors 6502

this is what happens all the time. one unreliable source publishes something and then suddenly all the clickbait websites jump on the bandwagon and then we have soooo many reports reporting the same crap and it most likely isn't even true. if apple announces a november 3rd shipping date you can be sure that they knew production was working and running as expected
    this is so true man. i'm so pissed of by analysts saying they expect 50 million preorders on on 1 day. the 13 mio for 6S and 6S+ were for 3 days! a whole weekend! no way in HELL they will sell 50 million of the X on one day especially considering the price
    60 million in 1 hour??? :D dude you should go see a doctor
    it's already on CNN: iphone X candylicious surprise

15. bufffilm, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

There is so much uncertainty with the ipX and what Apple will do in 2018...it's not even funny.

The smart money is staying away from the ipX this year.

The intrepid, those with money to burn (and there's nothing wrong with that), the yearly updaters, the Apple fans and the scalpers...all have their eyes set on the prize.

- no idea about the OLED and if screen burn-in will ensue
    - quality of the OLED itself and variance with color (a common problem with the tech)
    - FaceID and how easy/hard it will integrate with all the many use cases out there (sunglasses, how off angle will it allow your face to unlock the phone, car use, the list is extensive...)
    - will TouchID return next year if Apple figures out how to do this under the glass

Just some of the open concerns and questions...it's going to be an interesting year.

16. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Most people here are just pointing out that it's unlikely that Apple would commit to a release date if they didn't think they could meet it, and also that the source for this doesn't have the same reliability as others.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, but in this case its plausible. a December ship date is not that off from a November date.

18. Chromie macrumors member

The thing that makes this whole debate hilarious is that people seem to be upset that people actually are not only liking the X, but holding out for it as well...

I mean, what’s the problem? Some people like the LG V30 even though it’s not heavily marketed. Some people may still get the Pixel 2 even though there’s no headjack... how can some people be mad that others may actually LIKE a phone?

As far as the release date, I highly doubt that Apple with there resources would deliberately delay the iPhone X. Regardless of the reason, they wanted to play it safe and release the date where they could deliver at there standards; November 3rd was there choice.

19. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

10% yields? That sounds like OLED TVs 5 years ago. I highly doubt apple would develop and attempt to mass produce a product with such terrible yields.

20. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Lots of fraud is committed by people who own no stock in the company. It's their friends and relatives who profit. It's still fraud. With that said, I seriously doubt that's what is taking place here. Just news / rumors being spread.

21. ronincse macrumors regular

ronincse

Especially considering they are just using Samsung displays and they have been making OLEDs for years now, there's absolutely no reason that these displays would have a 10% yield at this point

22. JPack macrumors 6502a

JPack

The Samsung displays aren't as complicated. Apple combines a flexible OLED P3 panel + 3D Touch module.

23. ronincse macrumors regular

ronincse

The displays in the S8s and Note 8 are flexible as well, you can "force touch" the home key area.

24. aetherpeak Suspended

If this were actually the case, people would be suing various outlets of rumor sites, new media, and similar every single day. The fact is that this isn't a valid claim, so stop spreading nonsense like @Juan007 is.

25. bevsb2 macrumors 65816