Multiple Reports X won’t ship until DEC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steelo3232, Oct 5, 2017.

1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Nonsense? I said I seriously doubt it was the case. How is that spreading nonsense? My statement about fraud was a factual statement about how securities fraud can be committed. You might want to switch to decaf.

2. DNichter macrumors 603

DNichter

I have sources that say I'll have mine on November 3rd

3. craigio85 macrumors regular

Agree on the reliability of the source. But all Apple have really committed to is opening pre-orders on 27th and beginning shipping for 3rd November. If, in fact, the majority of launch day pre-orders deliver in December they haven’t broken any promises and still won’t have done in the event they failed to strike a reasonable balance between supply and demand for several months.

4. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

iPhone 8 "low price" ??? :confused:

Apple is using a totally different display, even if the manufacturer is Samsung...

on a technical point of view, Apple's solution is very different and much complicated.
    Samsung is just "Mimic" 3d Touch...

Would you mind to share ?

5. ckurt25, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Pick whatever number of phones you think are going to be available on November 3rd and compare that to the number of phones in years past. Guess in the dark if you have to. Let's say its 25% of what's been available in the past and if you attempt to pre-order the second they're available and your expected delivery date is months away, how many people are going to stick with Apple for the X and future phones? If something like that were to happen I'd bet a lot of people would leave Apple. Do you think Apple has considered that? Do you think Apple wants to risk that?

My guess is that there will be a good number of immediate pre-orders delivered on 11/3 and some delivered within a couple weeks. Try to pre-order in the days to follow and maybe you see 4-6 weeks or longer. Apple may not have the same number of X's available as they had 7's available but I don't think they're going to pick a date and risk customer loyalty, investor confidence and media perception. They could have said Fall of '17, later in November or pushed it out further but they picked their date and I think many phones are going to be available then. I have as much knowledge of the situation as anyone posting here believing otherwise. I'm asking you look at this logically. Why would Apple pick a date they know they can't hit?

6. ronincse macrumors regular

ronincse

Yeah I know it isn't the exact same display but I'm willing to bet it's very similar. Regardless there's no reason for a manufacturer like Samsung to only get a 10% yield

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They actually said preorders on 10/27 and delivers on 11/3

8. JayIsAwesome, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I'd honestly just get the Pixel XL 2 or wait a few months longer and get a Galaxy S9
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    Apple set a date for the iPhone 10. They would not have done that if they knew they had 0 chance of meeting that deadline. This isn't some rinky dink company going "Oh well, we can just change the date and nobody will notice" This is the largest tech company in the world, gearing up to launch arguably their biggest gadget ever. This is easily the most anticipated iPhone ever. Haters can say otherwise but lets be real here. The phone that has all the attention, is the iPhone X. That's that one most folks want. That's the one the tech community can't wait to get their hands on. Most folks aren't checking for the iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Yes, I know that will probably piss off some iPhone 8 users who are hoping and wishing the iPhone 10 fails just so their beloved 8 reigns supreme and doesn't feel so overshadowed (and yes there are some on here who are doing that)

No way in hell would Apple set a date if they didn't know what the inventory was gonna be looking like come late October/early November. The only people who truly know the inventory, is Apple. Not rumor sites and certainly not any of us. We'll get our iPhones and 6 months from now, these iPhone 10 doom and gloom posts will be buried under iPhone 2018 rumors. And then 3 months after that, the iPhone 2018 doom and gloom posts will begin popping up. "OMG the iPhone 11 won't ship until spring of 2019" This stuff happens every year

9. zhandri Suspended

Pixel 2 XL or note 8 for me. No way in hell i‘d be getting an iphone 8

10. FunkyTang macrumors 6502a

I can't live my life as a Green Bubble...

11. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

I don't know about the yield for sure, but I'm ready to bet the display will be very different from S8/Note 8 units.

12. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

worse things in the world

13. Relentless Power, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Thats what what look forward to, is seeing side-by-side comparison of the OLED display with Samsung, Google Pixel and Apple. Just to see the differences in lighting, contrast and saturation.