Murtha rules violations

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, May 18, 2007.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Is this really all that surprising? Going with Hoyer was a smart move, doesn't say much about Pelosi's judgement...

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, cool. Let's crank up the investigative machinery of Congress again and see where this takes us. It might be a little rusty though, after not being used in over 6 years.

It's also pretty ballsy of Boehner to act so self-righteous about this after the stuff Hastert allowed. As I recall, DeLay threatened the son of a Congressman who wouldn't play ball with the GOP...

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ugh- great. Thanks Murtha. Isn't it a little soon to go power mad? I guess not. :rolleyes:

5. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

DeLay was and still is an arse.

Murtha, what an idiot. what we need are some vulcans in the house/senate. Mr Spock, where are you?

6. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

National Drug Intelligence Center? Is this the Borg headquarters of the drones running the War on Drugs?

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You and lee beat me to it. I was gonna say that this was a stupid move on Murtha's part, but probably no more so than anything Hastert and DeLay got away with.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I really don't care who got away with it before. We should hold him to a higher standard, dammit. Something conservatives refuse to do with their own.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Exactly. Let's hold the Dems to a higher standard, not only something conservatives forget to do with their own, but something they forget to do with our nation.

I mention Boehner and DeLay only to remind everyone how low we've sunk recently.