Musclenerd's current reminder to wait for pwnage 4.0 (3gs)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jlmitnick, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jlmitnick macrumors regular

Right now http://twitter.com/MuscleNerd says:

"Reminder: iPhone3GS & iPod3G owners (especially if you used Spirit for your first JB) should stay away from iOS4 for now"

I have a 3gs, old bootrom, 3.1.3 (with only a 3.1.3 on cydia's server), and 05.13.04 baseband (I had tried out the iOS4 GM 2 weeks ago and then downgraded back to 3.1.3), currently jailbroken with Spirit and it's the only jailbreak I've ever done.

I want to upgrade to iOS4 right now (going on a trip tomorrow), and don't mind being unjailbroken...will doing that (and going against MuscleNerd's advice) somehow prevent me from jailbreaking when pwnage tool comes out?

I guess I don't really quite get how "Spirit for your first JB" affects things.

2. iPhonePhan macrumors regular

Dude, as someone who's used iPhone 4.0 (like yourself I see), it's not worth upgrading. Honestly, there isn't alot there that you can't already do pretty well or better with the JB community apps.

Go clear your mind, play a video game, hang out with your gf, but just leave iOS 4 alone hehe

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

lol:D
    I agree.

4. jlmitnick thread starter macrumors regular

Haha. Well I just like fiddling with it anyway, and I would like to check out iBooks (which wasn't out when I was fooling around with the iOS4 GM last week). But even still, if you do know the answer to my question, re: why MuscleNerd specifically talks about people who did a Spirit as their first JB, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Honestly since none of us are the hackers like the Dev-team or Geohotz, Comex etc then we don't know how the exploits work. if Mucslenerd says stay away I stay away. why can't you just take the phone current firm ware and when you get back update.I know I know you don't want to wait. well maybe it will be fine and maybe you will have one of those I f'ed up my phone. Now what do I do threads. you can try contacting musclenerd he if he can give you more details. good luck I hope you take musclenerds advice he usually doesn't post crap.

6. jlmitnick thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah...I'll probably just wait on this - I agree that if he posted it, there must be a reason.

Although on the other hand, I'm getting the iphone 4 in the second batch (says it ships on July 2), so who the eff cares about my current 3gs!

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

then if you don't care go for it. If you f up your phone though then don't whine about it. personally I say go with the gf idea or go play WoW! there is nothing I see in 4.0 that I don't already have JB! and I probably have a 100 other features. last year we had to wait a couple months for 3.0 jb/ul so far it's only been 6 hours!

8. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

9. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

I wish I heard about this BEFORE I updated my 3GS. -sigh- I literally kept hitting "Check for Update" until the clock hit 10:00AM and now I really regret it.. I was under the impression it was jailbreakable but I guess I got the Official iOS4 release confused with the GM Seed. Oh well, lesson learned... I guess I can live without my cracked apps for a week or so.

To all iPhone 3GS users who plan to jailbreak iOS4: It's not possible yet, so don't update.