Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2016
I have a problem that hopefully isn’t too difficult to solve, but I need some help here.
I have quite a large CD-collection. A few years ago, I ripped hundreds of CDs to my old iMac. Approx 18.000 songs. Much of my music is brass bands and special collectors editions CDs that still are not available on any streaming platform. So, I’ve been using iTunes Match to make sure that I can enjoy my music from all my devices. So far, so good. I’m also an avid Elvis collector, and have literally hundreds of Elvis CDs, several with alternate takes, outtakes etc. Now, my problem is that the cover art has been changing quite randomly, as Apple Music has pulled artwork from their own service. But worse, the albums have been messed up, by adding songs from my iTunes Match to the official albums in Apple Music. An example.. a CD found in Apple Music may contain the original album version of Heartbreak hotel, but because I have several live versions of the song available in iTunes Match, it suddenly plays one of those versions instead. If I play the song in Spotify, it of course plays the correct version. So, even if I don’t play songs from the “my library” section of my music app, but straight from Apple Music, it still mixes those albums with alternative songs from my collection. Is there any way to avoid this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.