music app sluggish after a few days of use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ceviche Lover, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

so if i use my music app for a few days without rebooting it can sometimes take 3-4 seconds before starting a song. if i reboot and play the same song it starts instantly. anything i can do to fix this without having to reboot the phone? or is this some kind of ram limitation with the phone?

thanks

2. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

How are you starting music? From the media controls on Control center? Opening from music app?

3. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

I've noticed it takes some seconds to load music from the control center for some reason. Way faster when you do it from the music application

4. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Yeah that's a RAM issue, I have the same issue on my 4s, sometimes it doesn't even work since it has kicked the music player from RAM to make 'room' for other apps. Oddly enough, manually managing app from the multitasking bar does elevate this issue which shouldn't be necessary. iOS 7 to my knowledge did not have this issue. Considering there being several performance issues with iOS 8, likely due to the extraordinary number of API's added, I'm hoping the performance increase we've been seeing with the 8.2 and 8.3 betas will make this less of an issue or will put the music app a lot higher in terms of keeping apps in memory.