Music app totally messed up

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by rbf1138, Sep 25, 2017.

1. rbf1138, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

rbf1138 macrumors 6502

Under the "Artists" tab I only see one artist/album even though there should be dozens (the one shown is the one that I've bought on iTunes), while selecting the Albums tab shows every song as it's own album (so it looks like hundreds or thousands of albums), and Recently Added shows every song it should be displaying just albums). What am I missing here?

I'm able to perfectly replicate this with every single album. Add it, it displays in Albums as each individual song. Delete it in iTunes from the phone. Add the files back. Bam, displays as one single album, correctly. So basically to add all my music I have to put it all on the phone, delete it, then re-add it. What the heck?

I’m on an iPhone 8 that I just got today.

Showing the same album as each individual song
    IMG_5546.PNG

Here's the Recently Added

IMG_5547.PNG

And the Artists tab with only one artist
    Image-1.jpg

2. mfram macrumors 65816

Did you just transfer your data? Give it a little time. After I transferred my data to my iPhone 8 from my iTunes backup, it took a little while for all of my apps to be useable and my music to be indexed.

3. rbf1138, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017

rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

I put that music on it over an hour ago and it wasn’t part of the backup restoration, it was drag and dropped onto the phone via iTunes. Should it take that long or even longer? That seems crazy to me.

4. rbf1138, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

I deleted all the music and then drag and dropped the mp3s from a single album over (not as a folder but as files) and it worked. However, if I drag and drop even a single folder or a group of folders, still is messed up as described above. I'm not drag and dropping mp3s from each artist to make this work every time, that's ridiculous. Is this just a bug?

Edit: nevermind. This only works sometimes and actually usually does not.