Music Collaborations You'd Like to See

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Always wanted to see two artists do a song togethere? Post 'em here.

I'll got first.

Bjork and Enya - They are both emotion capturers. Personally, I think this collaboration could produce something very good.

Mariah Carey and William Hung - Because good singers deserve to collaborate with good singers =D.

William Hung and Wing - Oh God... That would be awesome and horrible at the same time.

I want Bjork to produce a Mariah Carey song - This might sound strange but if a Bjork produced song (along the lines of Bachelorette) got popular, then it might be able to snap Mariah out of the though that she needs to make shake your ass music that only 12 year olds want to hear.

Mariah Carey and Yo Yo Ma - I think a beatiful cello melody, all by itself, and mariah's voice, all by itself, could produce a very enchanting song. No layering, nothing special, just good music with no fluff.

I think I'm just about out of collabs. Your turn :).

scem0

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
It's not a collaboration but I really want to see someone go on "Stars In Their Eyes" and do The Prodigy. Something like "Smack My B**** Up". And yes I know The Prodigy are a band not solo artists

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Hmm...

*thinks hard*

Skinny Puppy and Tarmvred/digidroid. Anything they'd produce together would make your ears bleed in the best possible way. *drools*

Garbage and Megadeth! Hahaha... a full-on collaboration, not a remix. That'd be ace. (and funny to boot)

Ladytron and Iris... killer synthpop one-two. Actually, I'd also like to hear Iris take on remixing a Megadeth album. I don't care which, they all sound the same.

Slayer vs. Nine inch nails vs. Winterkaelte. Maybe Kerry King would be able to kick some sense into that p***y Reznor. Neither bands have a talented drummer, so the rhythmic noise stylings of the latter would... well, rock.
Nickygoat said:
It's not a collaboration but I really want to see someone go on "Stars In Their Eyes" and do The Prodigy. Something like "Smack My B**** Up". And yes I know The Prodigy are a band not solo artists
Hahaha...
Somewhat off topic, but my girlfriend actually wants a friend of hers to sing at our wedding... I dunno, she's supposed to be good *shrug*. A friend I don't particularly get along with, so I told her the only way she can is if she agrees to sing "Firestarter" whilst we sign the deeds!

We're also inviting KOMPRESSOR to direct guest to their seats.

No, really.

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
brap said:
Slayer vs. Nine inch nails vs. Winterkaelte. (...) Neither bands have a talented drummer, so the rhythmic noise stylings of the latter would... well, rock.
you got to be kidding me... :eek:

Slayer's Dave Lombardo is considered one of the best rock drummers of all time (and Paul Bostaph wasn't bad either...)

vSpacken

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Cerys Matthews (from Catatonia) and David Byrne (from Talking Heads). That could be cool...

Paul Weller (The Jam/The Style Council) and Róisín Murphy (from Moloko) could also be exciting...

Edit: Or Matthews/Weller and Murphy/Byrne, of course...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
scem0 said:
Mariah Carey and William Hung - Because good singers deserve to collaborate with good singers =D.
Mariah Carey makes me feel ill :eek:

hhmmmmm....on to the question....

Pink Floyd & Blazin' Squad :eek: :p

DIE BLAZIN' SQUAD! DIE!!!! oh, and Mariah, get over yourself, it's sickening.

jim.

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2004
C-ville, VA
yellow said:
Tim Alexander, Les Claypool, and Larry LaLonde.
hmm... yeah I liked the old "Herb" lineup too....

I think I would like to see Scofield, Vic Wooten, and Herbie Hancock team up maybe with someone like JD Blair or Brian Blade on drums. That would be some funked out stuff.

Jim

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Ambrose Chapel said:
radiohead and sigur ros - imagine the sounds!

cornelius and bjork. ooohhh that'd be good
You know, the vocalist from Radiohead (his name escapes my mind at the moment) and Bjork collaborated for a song called 'I've seen it all'. Not the best song ever, not a bad song though.

scem0

thepolishpen

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2004
PB&Jam

Tool+Kings of Leon+Queens of the Stone Age (okay, Josh Homme).

System of a Down+Jane's Addiction (with original bassist)

Elliot Smith+Bright Eyes+Tori Amos

PJ Harvey+Jello Biafra con Melvins

Flaming Lips+The Pixies

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
thepolishpen said:
Elliot Smith+Bright Eyes+Tori Amos
Have you heard the new Brigh Eyes stuff? What the hell happened? It is countryish, popish, and totally ewwwwwwwww. I never really like Bright Eyes much, the emotion always seemed very fake to me, and fake emotion is something that really annoys me in music. But the new Bright Eyes stuff is absolutely horrible, IMO.

Elliot Smith commited suicide, if you hadn't gotten that news yet. :(. Never was a big fan of his music either, too depressing.

Tori Amos is interesting. Haven't gotten a chance to listen to much of her music, but she had an amazing music video with.... umm.... feet people. At least I think that was Tori Amos, but I'm not sure.

scem0

thepolishpen

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2004
scem0 said:
Have you heard the new Brigh Eyes stuff? What the hell happened? It is countryish, popish, and totally ewwwwwwwww. I never really like Bright Eyes much, the emotion always seemed very fake to me, and fake emotion is something that really annoys me in music. But the new Bright Eyes stuff is absolutely horrible, IMO.

Elliot Smith commited suicide, if you hadn't gotten that news yet. :(. Never was a big fan of his music either, too depressing.

Tori Amos is interesting. Haven't gotten a chance to listen to much of her music, but she had an amazing music video with.... umm.... feet people. At least I think that was Tori Amos, but I'm not sure.

scem0
Well, what do you like then? Something like Kelly Clarkson+Barry Manilow? I know you're near SSW, but there has to be something that you like too. Something that wouldn't depress your delicate sensibilities.
I do know that Elliot Smith is dead, but I had to go to the hereafter for interesting artists.
I feel sorry for people who judge and rate music by videos--a true TV baby.

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
scem0 said:
You know, the vocalist from Radiohead (his name escapes my mind at the moment) and Bjork collaborated for a song called 'I've seen it all'. Not the best song ever, not a bad song though.

scem0
yeah i have that song- 'i've seen it all' - i like it! but i wanted cornelius and bjork, not rh and bjork! ;)

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
thepolishpen said:
Well, what do you like then?
A lot of stuff. My favorite artists are Lauryn Hill, Bjork, and probably Mariah Carey. Lauryn Hill for lyrical reasons. Bjork for artistic reasons. Mariah for vocal reasons.

thepolishpen said:
Something like Kelly Clarkson+Barry Manilow?
I'm not a fan of Kelly Clarkson. Her vocals are over rated and her lyrics are cliche. Barry Manilow, no thanks.

thepolishpen said:
Something that wouldn't depress your delicate sensibilities.
Eh? I'm not saying sad music is bad. I'm just saying I'm not into it, that's all. Same goes for stuff like Metallica, I'm not a fan of the music because I'm not an angry person, so I just don't connect to it much.

thepolishpen said:
I feel sorry for people who judge and rate music by videos--a true TV baby.
I don't even remember the song and I don't want to make any judgements based on the video (which I hardly remember). Although a video can make a song much better.

scem0

Charon

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2004
FYI: Kelis did a remix of Bjork's "Oceana". The two became friends at a fashion show. Forget Mariah, this actually happened. Haven't heard it though.

1. Missy Elliot and Black Eyed Peas.
That would be cwazy! Those are some really creative artists.
2. Alicia Keys & John Legend
They went on tour together, both play the same kind of music,both benefitted from Kanye; they just NEEEEEEED a duet.

I'd love Britney & Christina to do a song/tour together. Hah.