Music controls on keyboard controlling videos in Safari

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by pacmania1982, Sep 23, 2017.

1. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Hi all

I upgraded to the GM Candidate earlier on in the week and I've found an annoying 'feature' that I can't seem to find how to undo.

If I've got iTunes open and I'm listening to some music, then switch to Safari and play a video, the play/pause button on the keyboard stops the video and not the music in iTunes. Is there anyway to get it to play/pause iTunes like it did in 10.12? Its driving me nuts! I've looked in System preferences and in Safari preferences but can't see anything to stop this happening.

Thanks in advance.

2. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

Personally, I LOVE this new feature. Works with the Bluetooth headphones too. It makes perfect sense to me that the keys apply to whatever app is in the foreground.

3. adrianlondon macrumors 65816

adrianlondon

Agreed. I'd be listening to a music video in youtube in Safari with my bluetooth headphones, and then I'd take them off (which triggers a sensor to send a "play/pause" but the music video kept playing and iTunes would open and start playing something too.

It's now much better. For me, anyway.