music on my mac mini, headphones vs speakers, listener fatigue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sossity, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

I was looking at the app fidelia, & it described something called listener fatigue, where alot of recordings are made for listening through speakers not headphones, that was the basic idea I got from it.

I do keep the volume down, I do not blast my ears, but even so I do notice that I do feel a little tired in general after listening to music on my mac mini through some Sony headphones, (they are the over the ear type, not in ear).

Would I be better off with some decent (good but not too expensive) speakers to listen on the mac mini?

2. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Depending on the headphones, some are worse then others.

Speakers are the way to go for long periods of listening.

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

Will look for some speakers

what are some good computer speakers that do not take up desk space, I dont have much desk space, and I am on a budget, something under $80.00 would be preferable, I know I will not get big sound in this price range, but I am not looking to blast them, (have family members) just play them something for near filed listening, sitting at my mac mini in a small room.

4. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Ill let someone else chime in here as what I use are rather large.

Someone was selling some audioengine a2's here for i think 120 shipped? Good price for a great speaker.

5. bluespark macrumors 68000

For that price point (or just slightly more), I'll second the recommendation for the AudioEngine A2 speakers. They perform better than their price and are tuned in a way (rolled-off treble) that's non-fatiguing.