Music Player terrible on 8.4, can't play album with multiple artists (sort issue)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sicilianonj, Jul 8, 2015.

1. sicilianonj macrumors newbie

So on top of many issues with the new music player in 8.4 on the iphone, I noticed that lets say you have a soundtrack or an album with a bunch of different artists on it....and those artists are not "various artists" but actual different artists...If you go to that soundtrack/album in the ALBUM filter of the app it comes up with 15 entries of the same album just because it is different artists....that makes it impossible to play the whole album/soundtrack continuously.

The only "solution" which I don't like, that is possible, is to make that soundtrack "part of a compilation" and change album artist to various artists and then you could play the whole album continuously but then guess what....the individual artists wont show up anymore in the ARTISTS filter of the app since it looks at ALBUM ARTIST first (so now all those songs would show up under VARIOUS ARTISTS)....

Anyone have any remedies?

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

What happens when you select 'show compilations' from the drop down menu?

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

That's how Music app sorts. If it's not set to "part of a compilation" in iTunes on your Mac, it will show each and every artist with whatever songs on that album. You have to set it to be a comp, so that it sorts as Various Artists or in the Compilations view.

4. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Can't you create a playlist with all those songs from one album - maybe a smart playlist (if they still exist) and then play the playlist as you want. I'm not a big do things with music (I play all random) so not sure if that would work.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Go back into iTunes and set the "Album Artist" field in info to the main featured artist, or the soundtrack's name.

Note, this isn't the same as the "Artist" field. In that, you want to keep the various artist info.