Music/podcasts resuming after phone call

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ChristIsLORD, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ChristIsLORD macrumors member

This is a very embarrassing bug. After a phone call it seems whatever audio was playing or even paused resumes sometimes (usually playing from the speaker).

Anyone else have this happen?

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

it's SUPPOSED to do that; pause for your phone call, then resume...

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Unless they mean that the bug is the audio resumes through the speaker instead of the headphones?

4. davydavy macrumors member

This happened to me once - I wasn't listening to the podcast at the time. As soon as I finished a phone call the podcast that I had last been playiing on the way to work suddenly restarted over the speakers.

Yes, could potentially leads to 50 shades of embarrassment I guess :D

5. Rogzilla macrumors regular

If the phone call interupted me listening to something, then I'm fine with it. But I've ended calls and something I had paused before I got the call starts playing again. That, I'm sure, is a bug.

6. ChristIsLORD thread starter macrumors member

I must have not made tis clear. This happens when audio was NOT playing before. It just starts automatically!

----------

For example: I played music on my walk to work. Few hours later I received a phone call and after I hung up, music started playing on its own

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

ah, you said the music resumes... whatever's actually happening...pretty odd. the music player just starts playing music? last song you actually played?? or??

8. jwshorty16 macrumors newbie

music/podcasts resume

I am having this same exact problem. I'll be sitting down having dinner or watching tv, and my phone will start playing music/podcasts across the room. I'll go over to it and have a missed call.

It also starts when i make a phone call and hang up, whether i was playing music before the call or not.

Stupid bug that i wish they would fix asap.

Is there any way to go back to the old operating system until they fix some of these bugs? I had the last os dialed in the way i like it.

9. bzavala macrumors member

Another issue is that let's say that you are listening to something and using Airplay to your living room speakers; after you get the call and the call is finished, it resumes playing on the iphone speakers, not the previous selected Airplay speakers... this is not how it's supposed to be, is it?

10. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I had the same issue with podcasts playing after a phone call ends. But it's been fixed with the lastest update to the podcasts app, so it was obviously a known problem.

11. guyilo macrumors newbie

podcast plays after call

Happens all the time.
    Also I use my phone for an alarm. After my alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button, the podcast starts playing! I have to unlock phone, go to player and pause.
    And when I double tap the menu button twice to bring up the short cut to the player a song will play instead of the last thing I was listening to.