Music purchased on my phone will not sync to the phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sczetty, Mar 13, 2008.

1. sczetty macrumors newbie

Help! Purchased an album, which downloaded fine, and which shows up on my PC (and plays fine), but will not sync back to the phone. (Where it was downloaded in the first place!!!!) :mad:

I tried Transfer Purchases from iPhone option on the iTunes File menu, and I tried removing and reloading all my music. Nothing works. Any thoughts?? How can I force it manually?

Thanks for any help!

Steve

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

is it possible that you dont have it set to sync all music and you have to put it in a playlist and enable it to sync, in the music tab of the iphone windown

3. sczetty thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I hve all the playlists checked, and the sync all songs and playlists button is active. I even have the music videos box checked. Can't find anything elese to check, or try.:confused:

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Make sure iPhone isn't connected. On your computer quit itunes, log out, log in again, launch itunes log into iTunes store, reset the iPhone and dock/sync it again

5. sczetty thread starter macrumors newbie

Still will not sync. I have turned on the manage music manually option, and successfully synced some other titles ripped from a CD. This album, purchased from Itunes, will not sync. When I drag a song over to the iPhone, I get the icon showing that the operation is permitted, but when I drop it, the phone remains off, and it doesn't sync. When I do the same with a newly ripped track, the phone turns on, and the song is transferred. It seem that it is just this latest purchase. The behavior is identical to when I try to drag a song that is already on the phone from the pc. The icon shows that I can perform the operation, but it does nothing.

The best I can tell, my phone thinks that the music is already there, yet it isnt. Deleting all the music on the phone, and re-syncing did not solve it. What now??:eek:

6. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Burn the album to CD, delete from hard drive, re-rip to iTunes.

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

My question would be: How many iTune accounts do you have? Did you create one for the iPhone or use a different one? You must log into the same account on itunes that you used the password on the iPhone during purchase. If this is not the problem then go to your advanced tab in iTunes and re-authorize the computer...this will not affect the number of authorizations you have.

Good Luck

8. sczetty thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow! Thank you for the suggestion, it fixed the problem! :D :D