music still on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andybno1, Dec 10, 2011.

1. andybno1, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I was having issues syncing music to my iPhone so I unticked sync music and audio went down to 0.01gb yet when I go to iPod all my music is still there.... anyway to clear my iPod without a restore?

EDIT: I have tried manual sync I am now looking at duplicate songs on my iPhone, manually managing shows up as no songs on my iPhone but iTunes says there's 2.5gb of audio

EDIT 2: well in the end I had to go into the phone via iPhone Explorer delete the music folders and a couple of itunes database files.... hope I haven't messed it up lol

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I don't know if this'll work or if it will even delete the files or just cloak them. When I turned on iTunes Match, there was a bit of a lag on Apple's side. The phone asks you if its okay to erase all songs on phone to use iTunes match. Select yes. Wait couple of secs, then turn it off, it shouldn't come back.

3. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

Hi,

I would of tried that but I am in the UK and we don't get match till next year, in the end it was asking me to restore from backup in iTunes and since the PC update was out of date I had to restore from iCloud