Music Stops Playing In The Middle of A Song

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BeK, Mar 2, 2012.

1. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

I just got a iPhone 2 days ago. I have just made the switch from Android and so far I really like my device but I keep having this issue and I notice it more when i have my iPhone connected to my car stereo vis USB. The sound will just all of a sudden stop coming through my speakers in the middle of a song. I recently stopped using my Zune since I just got the iPhone. I have used the Zune for 2 years and have NEVER run into this issue, whether playing it through my car stereo or through ear buds.
    I also got a new car stereo 2 days ago as well and i noticed that the sound cuts out usually when the iPhone is connected to the stereo. i though that it was probably the brand new stereo or the iPhone cable that was faulty but then today at work while listening to music on my iPhone (with ear buds) the sound cut out again. I had to pause the music and then unpause it again to get the sound to start playing out of the ear buds again.
    The question I have is, do you think this is a possible software issue that maybe a hard reset (wipe data) would take care of or is this a possible hardware issue in which would require me to get the iphone replaced.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. No5tromo, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

No5tromo macrumors regular

No5tromo

Try closing all the apps running in the background while your music is playing, maybe it's because of an app trying to access your music library.

A hard reset just reboots your iPhone, you can try that too to see if it sorts things out, next step is a recovery via iTunes, make sure you back up first.

I can't think of anything else you could try, since you bought it only 2 days ago you can easily get a free replacement AFAIK if the problem persists.

3. BeK thread starter macrumors regular

BeK

I figured out what the problem was. Thanks for your suggestion.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Well maybe you could elaborate to what the problem was and how you resolved it, so any other member experiencing issues can find your resolution.

5. BeK thread starter macrumors regular

BeK

Sorry about that. It turns out that when you have a iPhone hooked up to a car stereo deck via USB cable while also simultaneously having Bluetooth turned on, the iPhone will switch (on the fly) from using the USB cable to deliver music to the deck, to using Bluetooth to deliver music to the deck. Since the deck would be in USB mode when the automatic switching occurs then you hear no sound. It is a problem with the iPhone software. I know it's the iPhone because I have swapped out 2 different car stereo decks and I swapped out my iPhone as well and the problem still exists. To fix the issue of my sound source switching on the iPhone I just pick up the iPhone and manually switch it back to USB mode and the music resumes playback through the car deck and speakers like it should.