Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After 'Obsession' DVD Hits Ohio

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by avigalante, Sep 29, 2008.

1. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

This is a horrendous and unacceptable act (even more so during the holy month of Ramadan); but what is far more alarming (and disheartening) is the fact that this story isn't being widely reported and/or published by the likes of CNN/MSNBC/etc.

God forbid; but if this happened to an individual of any other major religious denomination, I am fairly certain this would be a "Breaking News Alert" for most media outlets and the story would gain traction immediately.

My Google-News search yielded a petty three results from the Dayton newspaper...

Posted for discussion - comments/concerns/thoughts are welcome.

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I hope they find out who did it and throw the book at 'em, the scum. :mad:

3. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

This is sick and I'm sad to agree that had it been another religion it would have made the major news stations.

You have to question which sick b***** sent the DVD out in the newspapers.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I saw this last week: link.

:mad:

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This seems typical of Ohio these days.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Not all of it. I was born and raised in Cleveland, and it's pretty cosmopolitan, despite its salt-of-the-earth image. Once you get out of the cities it gets a little...provincial...though.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Good old domestic terrorism...

When you view your life as worth more than someone else's, anything is possible. But what kind of coward attacks children?

8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

So when do we start bombing Illinois to depose the Govenor?

Seriously, though, catch 'em and put 'em on trial.

(Remember trials? :sigh: )

9. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

x2 attacking women and children in a house of prayer is unacceptable. period. I hope they catch those responsible and give them some good jail time.

But what does the DVD have to do with it? :confused: Why did they even mention it in the article? The criminals to sprayed the irritant are responsible for their own actions. How does the article author know the criminals are "McCain supporters"? That's quite an absurd conclusion to jump to.

10. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I must be missing something, come again?

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Oddly enough, A copy of this DVD just turned up in a pile of mail I'm sifting through. I think it's wrong to represent this "documentary" as remotely impartial in intent. It's clearly meant to scare us portray, Islam is inherently disposed towards violence and whatnot.

One could just as easily make a similar DVD with Christianity as its subject. Only the willfully blind or weak minded could fail to see that.

12. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

According to the article, the DVD is produced (or funded?) by the Clarion Fund, a 501(c)3 that contributes to the McCain campaign.

13. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

We don't yet know that the criminals were inspired by the DVD that arrived just before the attack, but it's certainly valid to speculate. The article doesn't claim a proven connection, but it does raise the question:

Did the anti-Muslim video circulating in the area have something to do with this incident, or is that just a bizarre coincidence?

14. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

:confused:

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And if a Muslim did this to some Christian children, we'd never hear the end of it.

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Oh, just say it. :D

FAIL!

I just received a copy of this racist, hate-mongering drivel in my mailbox today. These people are worse than AOL. :eek:

17. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I'd like to get a copy of this DVD - just to know what this is all about. But, I don't think the Clarion folks will bother trying to swing MD in their direction.

As for the actions there, I'm not surprised. The US has always had trouble accepting whatever fits outside of the accepted local mainstream. I don't expect this to end well at all. The only options that these folks face are all decidedly inferior to true freedom. Moving out of the area, confronting their neighbors, or absorbing the blows like Rocky Balboa all have their individual consequences that nobody should have to suffer.

18. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I don't understand why people have to be so retarded. Can't they pick up a book and learn to think for themselves?

19. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

What has a "house of prayer" got to do with anything :confused:

20. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I hope who does this dies... and painfully. They are lower than a human being...

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Good call...made up stories doesn't make it bad, the "they are human beings" makes in bad.

22. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

unfortunately wisconsin can be very similar. but it depends on the community

23. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I am so damn sick and tired of the hatred running amok in this country, the 'legitimate' instigators who refuse to accept any responsibility, the federal agencies who turn their backs on it, the MSM which simply ignores it, and the citizens who refuse to take any actions on their own. This would demand action, if it were against other group, except the Muslim people ( as others have already said. I am ashamed to call myself an American these days.

24. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yep. Hopefully we'll see this story picked up in the coming days and whoever did it will be found.

25. avigalante thread starter macrumors 6502

avigalante

Unfortunately, it's a very sad reality.

One can hope; but given the prejudice against Muslims in the media, I wouldn't be surprised should it not gain much movement/traction.