Must be a Verizon customer to buy a CASE at Verizon, HAH!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shenan1982, Sep 30, 2012.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I know this isn't really relevant, but I found it funny.

I went to Verizon to get a case for my iPhone 5. I'm a corporate customer of ATT, but I knew Verizon always gets certain cases and AT&T does as well, so I went to check out their inventory. I found an Incipio case I liked, so I went to buy it. The man ringing me up said without being a Verizon customer I couldn't buy the case. I asked for a manager and he said the same.

I went to the Verizon store down the street. I explained I have a company discount at verizon, and could just order it through their web page, so the policy made no sense. He said it is what it is. So I gave him my friend's cell phone number who has Verizon, and he was able to ring me up just fine. Apparently Verizon's privacy policy isn't all that good, if they're allowing anyone to associate their purchase with someone else's number, and I think it's funny they restrict accessory sales to customers only. It's no wonder why more people are leaving Verizon than ever. Their customer service (in store) practices are that of a MLM or club store, bizarre.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share my funny story. I ended up returning the case because I didn't like it anyhow. I will not shop their store again based on these two store experiences.

2. Mark Scheuern macrumors member

That's odd, I got my case at a Verizon store and they were very nice to me despite knowing I'm an AT&T customer.

3. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Been with Verizon before they were Verizon and I've never stepped foot in a retail store. I've never understood the desire to go to a brick and mortar store for my wireless needs when everything is available online. I get the whole instant gratification thing but patience is a virtue. http://www.myincipio.com /thread

4. Mark Scheuern macrumors member

It's not always just about instant gratification, though. I make a lot of online purchases, too, l but for some things, there's something to be said for being able to see the actual item and not just pictures. Cases are in that category for me. I also like to help support local businesses, though obviously in this case the store is part of a huge corporate entity.